Where is everybody?

-
If it would ever stop raining here I might make some headway. I've got 3 walls up and 10 of 16 truss's built, but this working in the rain is for the bird's. The wife also had me till the garden this weekend and replace 700 sq. ft. of lawn with instant lawn so I am beat to a snot.

Jack

People don't realize that we get alot of rain here, thats how the island stays green. You could be laying on the beach in the sun without a cloud in the sky and out of nowhere a cloud will be over you pouring rain. Then 5 minutes later it will be gone. In fact the place with the most rainfall in the world is on the island next to me. I think the average was over 500 inches of rain a year :shock: Anyway I don't mind working in the rain, if I move fast enough maybe the mold won't get a chance to start growing :lol:

Coyote Jack said:
Hey Cuda66,

The wife wants me to ask. What's the pay? I'm an Autocad guru.

Jack

It all depends on the experience level. Probably around $12-$13 an hour to start, for someone with a little autocad experience w/ no truss experience. Someone with truss exp. could get $16 or more. Plus we don't have state income taxes.

I had to ask Cuda66. Right now I have no plans of moving from where I'm at but the wife wants to retire in Florida. And that is only a year away for her. Me you ask? I've still got about 10 years before I can retire. :( If you need a hand though, I can do some in my spare time for you and send it to you through email. I don't have a clue about Florida's building codes. Up here everything is snow loads.

Jack

I mainly design office buildings, wharves and breakwaters. I work for the feds up here. I have done a few houses,(including my own, 2700 sq. ft. two story, bungalow style with roof level changes).

Jack

Sorry Bud,
The wife was looking over my shoulder when I posted a little while ago. She says I don't have any spare time. It's her time and she wants it. As usual she won the debate that follwed. Again sorry. :eek:ops:

Jack

-
Back