Someone needs to start re-casting 340 blocks

-
If I remember correctly, back when Chrysler introduced the mighty V/10 it was said that they did that because they couldn't find the molds for the 440. Is that true or not I have no idea. If a company were to offer the 340 block once again would they have to worry about patient rights since the 340 has been out of production for 51 years.

If I remember correctly, back when Chrysler introduced the mighty V/10 it was said that they did that because they couldn't find the molds for the 440. Is that true or not I have no idea. If a company were to offer the 340 block once again would they have to worry about patient rights since the 340 has been out of production for 51 years.
you do repeat some **** you've read/heard dan you really do :poke: :thumbsup:

I believe the V10 is a takeoff from the SB, not BB.

The X Blocks were cast stating 318 on sides.
But has a large X on front right below where the head is -Alternator kinda hides it. They are heavier, like 38 more pounds.
The rest blocks were next up.
Every one I saw needed work. The R3 360 we had both of them. One had bad core shift, other one had a problems too.
Had to pull strings to get good ones send out.

Yet, you keep coming back for more.
I've noticed that you guys apparently don't like it when someone else makes a comment about something requardless if it's fact based or not. I'll admit that most of what I post is either read or heard and I don't see anything wrong with that. I've even have said that I don't this as fact or from experience and you all still pick it apart. If I ever get a positive answer or comment I'd probably faint.

There is a lot of disrespect and rudeness on this forum and that's wrong. I've seen others make mistakes and such and you don't see me making a issue of it
but you keep asking the same basic questions again and again. you used to get good answers and/or suggestions and help re choosing a car. but you've turned down a lot of this advice, even argueing sometimes with folks here that know way more than you or i. it seems to be at a point where you now ask a legitimate question and people think 'oh no, here we go again, more questions about a car/engine he'll never buy'. sounds cynical but it's like the boy who cried wolf.......
neil.

I've noticed that you guys apparently don't like it when someone else makes a comment about something requardless if it's fact based or not. that. I've even have said that I don't this as fact or from experience and you all still pick it apart.
Because I think of Simone when it is hearsay.

There is a lot of disrespect and rudeness on this forum and that's wrong. I've seen others make mistakes and such and you don't see me making a issue of it

It’s all good Dan. You just have to be careful you don’t tell someone something egregiously wrong because the end result may be disastrous for the guy following your advice.

Hell, I’m wrong. A lot. My wife will swear to that in court, plus she always tells RRR how jacked up I am.

We all got our bears to cross. Shrug that crap off and keep going. Chances are you’ll never meet any of these guys so don’t let them (or me) discourage you from going forward.

-
Back