W2 intake manifolds pics

-
I hear ya, a head that flowed 260 cfm ootb, and the porting potential into the 300 would be a one stop shop head for both the street and the strip.
Besides the price, I remember not wanting to deal with the rocker shaft blocks when they came out. Of course there wasn't a FABO around back then for how to information, let alone even computers.
Exactly. While the econo head lasted right up to about the very end AFAIR, the rocker geometry issues as far as I can tell for any head is up and out depending on the rocker dimensions. I speak with B3 here when my rocker issue isn’t easy or reasonably brought into where it needs to be. The last geometry kit I got he said you might very well have to grind on the rocker shaft. I actually LOL and said, “What else is new?” And we laughed. With luck, I did not need to do it but the engine hasn’t run yet.

Also, your dead nuts on about no internet. The amount of people I spoke with on how to left me more confused on certain thing I just gave up and started getting parts just to try them and see how they reacted. Judge for myself the pros and cons & etc….

Right around that time in the early years, my club had a PR guy that got us a great deal, 10% over cost on any MoPar Performance part. So I ran down and started in with a lot of purchasing. Cams were big on my list.

Exactly. While the econo head lasted right up to about the very end AFAIR, the rocker geometry issues as far as I can tell for any head is up and out depending on the rocker dimensions. I speak with B3 here when my rocker issue isn’t easy or reasonably brought into where it needs to be. The last geometry kit I got he said you might very well have to grind on the rocker shaft. I actually LOL and said, “What else is new?” And we laughed. With luck, I did not need to do it but the engine hasn’t run yet.

Also, your dead nuts on about no internet. The amount of people I spoke with on how to left me more confused on certain thing I just gave up and started getting parts just to try them and see how they reacted. Judge for myself the pros and cons & etc….

Right around that time in the early years, my club had a PR guy that got us a great deal, 10% over cost on any MoPar Performance part. So I ran down and started in with a lot of purchasing. Cams were big on my list.
I have been recently dealing with Mike at B3 from recommendations I saw here on FABO, and have been impressed with his knowledge, and more importantly, his attitude. He has been a real help and a pleasure to work with.
Sorry, not trying to hijack the post.

Modified and repaired Edelbrock W2 tunnel ram. Due to modification, there are no identifying marks other than the brand name. Apparently some dolt tried to use this on standard LA heads, hence the hacked mounting holes, but the bolt countersinking and ports show it is a native W2 manifold.

View attachment 1716060047

The bottom of the casting was cut out and a thin aluminum plate welded in, I assume to lower the weight.

View attachment 1716060048

A view up the stinkholes. Pro tip: Cobwebs increase port velocity for gooder low-end grunt.

View attachment 1716060050

Repair welds visible up front...

View attachment 1716060052

...and signs of wholesale butchery to the casting out back.

View attachment 1716060053

Apparently the plenum's on backward, according to this stamping. Plenum volume is not in short supply here.

View attachment 1716060054

What the carb base sees:

View attachment 1716060055

Finally, an overall aerial shot:

View attachment 1716060058
Would you be interested in selling the Edelbrock tunnel ram?

Here's some vintage Tunnel Ram tests from 1979 at Bob Torozzi's ...

Two different Holley Pro Dominator intake's and one modified Edelbrock "short"? intake.

SVI is Ted Sphear.

Copy of IMG_1763.JPG

Copy of IMG_1765.JPG

Copy of IMG_1766.JPG

Last edited:
i love how the pull starts at 5600...

Actually that's 5600 rpm. FABO shrinks the pictures when I post them, so hard to read.

Also read the note that says, "Doesn't like to run out of gas"

They tested this "8bbl Program" on 288, 305, 340 and 360 motors also. I assume these were all tunnel rams.

018F021F-3757-4919-BDFD-90FEAA87F7A4.jpeg

Actually that's 5600 rpm. FABO shrinks the pictures when I post them, so hard to read.

Also read the note that says, "Doesn't like to run out of gas"

They tested this "8bbl Program" on 288, 305, 340 and 360 motors also. I assume these were all tunnel rams.

View attachment 1716256526
i'd love to know what those cam grinds were.

that torqe curve is impressive, only rolls 25 +/- across

but that HP jump off the start where it bumps nearly 100 in 800rpm must be a real kick in the shorts.

i can't tell if i'm reading it right, is that 590 hours on the motor?

i'd love to know what those cam grinds were.

that torqe curve is impressive, only rolls 25 +/- across

but that HP jump off the start where it bumps nearly 100 in 800rpm must be a real kick in the shorts.

i can't tell if i'm reading it right, is that 590 hours on the motor?

Yes 590 hours.

-
Back