Argent Silver paint

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What's a good paint (rattle can) that's a close match to the factory Argent Silver found on grilles and exterior trim pieces? I got a new Repo Sharktooth Grille but didn't get the headlight bezels and all I have are the ones that are painted black that I would like to restore with silver paint.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

IMG_5737.jpeg

That's what I found as well. Haven't tried it yet but now I will. Thanks guys.

What's a good paint (rattle can) that's a close match to the factory Argent Silver found on grilles and exterior trim pieces? I got a new Repo Sharktooth Grille but didn't get the headlight bezels and all I have are the ones that are painted black that I would like to restore with silver paint.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

That's what I found as well. Haven't tried it yet but now I will. Thanks guys.

Auto zone carries Chrysler silver.

Personally I use:

VHT SP188 Ford Argent Silver Wheel Paint Can - 11 oz.​

I would post the Amazon link, but this forum will delete it. Just copy and paste the description in the search.

I used this for years on dozens of wheels. Much better than previously mentioned products.

Tom

Herb's most likely has exactly what you want. Not the cheapest, but very good.

On my '72's plastic grille, I used silver VHT header paint, it matched the factory perfectly, my opinion. Then hit it with matte clear. Used the same for the silver on my horn pad too.

Thanks guys. I got some of the recommended paint for my headlight buckets and was finally able to install the sharktooth grille.

IMG_2969.jpeg

Personally I use:

VHT SP188 Ford Argent Silver Wheel Paint Can - 11 oz.​

I would post the Amazon link, but this forum will delete it. Just copy and paste the description in the search.

I used this for years on dozens of wheels. Much better than previously mentioned products.

Tom
It’s cheaper at AutoZone.

IMG_7678.jpeg

IMG_7679.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back