Mopar mopar forum
 HOME  FORUMS  MEMBER PHOTO GALLERY  HOW TO ARTICLES  REGISTER  
 TODAYS POSTS  MEMBER CLASSIFIEDS  VIN DECODER  VIDEO GALLERY
Our Network:  B BODY MOPAR FORUM  C BODY MOPAR FORUM  E BODY MOPAR FORUM  FMJ BODY MOPAR FORUM  PICKUP TRUCK FORUM  FOR JEEPS ONLY

Go Back   For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum > Automotive Technical Forums > Mopar Body and Trim

Door hinge question...

Mopar Body and Trim

Forabodiesonly.com is the premier Classic Mopar forum on the internet. Registered Members do not see the above ads. Click Here to Join - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
johns68dart
Longtime Mopar Fan

johns68dart

johns68dart's Flag is: United States
Question Door hinge question...

I bought some reconditioned hinges from a gentleman on this website and I fear I may have gotten them mixed up, even though I tried my hardest to not do that. Anyway, does the passenger side upper hinge have a large "P" stamped on it? I was thinking that would mean "PASSENGER" side of the car. It is a 1968 Dart. Any help guys? Thanks, johns68dart...
johns68dart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
res1vw21
It's only metal

res1vw21

res1vw21's Flag is: Denmark
The uppers will have the pin facing down and the l shaped part that attaches to the body going forward. Both the uppers usually have a P stamped in them, sometimes not though.

Let me know if this doesn't help I would be happy to take a pic of my car or you.
res1vw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
johns68dart
Longtime Mopar Fan

johns68dart

johns68dart's Flag is: United States
I think I understand. Is there any difference between the drivers side and the passenger side upper hinge? One appears to open further than the other. I am having a bear of a time getting these doors lined up. This is definately NOT a one man job. I guess I will have to ask my neighbor for some help...again.
johns68dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
res1vw21
It's only metal

res1vw21

res1vw21's Flag is: Denmark
The only difference is the direction the pin faces, which is always down. Yha lining up doors can be a real pita sometimes.
As far as opening farther then the other side, I am not sure I thought they opened the same but it's possible one is tighter and without the weight of the door won't open as far?
res1vw21 is offline   Reply With Quote