Mopar mopar forum
 HOME  FORUMS  MEMBER PHOTO GALLERY  HOW TO ARTICLES  REGISTER  
 TODAYS POSTS  MEMBER CLASSIFIEDS  VIN DECODER  VIDEO GALLERY
Our Network:  B BODY MOPAR FORUM  C BODY MOPAR FORUM  E BODY MOPAR FORUM  FMJ BODY MOPAR FORUM  PICKUP TRUCK FORUM  FOR JEEPS ONLY

Go Back   For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum > Automotive Technical Forums > 4-Speed Transmissions discussions

American Powertrain Hydramax install?

4-Speed Transmissions discussions

Forabodiesonly.com is the premier Classic Mopar forum on the internet. Registered Members do not see the above ads. Click Here to Join - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Map63Vette

Map63Vette

Map63Vette's Flag is: United States
American Powertrain Hydramax install?

Wondering if anyone out there has installed one of these kits and had pictures. I'd really like to see some pictures of the master cylinder install and their little fancy bracket. Does it use the stock pickup point on the pedal for the rod? Also, do you happen to know the bore and stroke of the master supplied with the kit (or that you used)? How about pedal feel? I know that's somewhat clutch based, but curious anyway.

I ask because I'm thinking about trying to make the little bracket myself, but probably without the swivel feature. I was planning on just measuring the stock clutch rod angle and making a bracket to mount the master at the same angle. I will likely have to go to a hydraulic clutch if I go through with a 6 speed swap, but I'd like to try to use the stock opening for the clutch rod instead of cutting up the firewall and the American Powertrain kit is the only one I've seen that mounts the master that way.
Map63Vette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
72BBSwinger

72BBSwinger

72BBSwinger's Flag is: United States
Last word I got from someone using one in an A-body was the fitting in the end of the MC didnt clear the inner fender.
72BBSwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Map63Vette

Map63Vette

Map63Vette's Flag is: United States
Hmm, I guess that's another question then, which master cylinder ships with the kit? I figured I'd probably get one of my own and make the bracket to fit it, so that's something important to keep in mind, where the fitting comes out.
Map63Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
8urvette

8urvette

8urvette's Flag is: United States
i may have mine mocked up tomorrow some time, or later this week of i cannot get to it. I have no inner fenders though...
8urvette is offline   Reply With Quote