1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
I would love to find a wagon and use as my wife's daily driver. But for some reason she don't want an old ride....

saWEET! You going to try replicating the bright metal trim used on the 2-doors, separating the red from the white?

I'm not sure if a 62 Dart 4 door uses the same trim, but if so, I do have one with trim that I probably won't be needing anytime soon.

DSC011912.jpg

DSC011902.jpg

Thanks 70DartMike. I won't be adding any other chrome! You need to fix that '62! Tons of Fun!

saWEET! You going to try replicating the bright metal trim used on the 2-doors, separating the red from the white?

No, chrome scares me! I don't really want to put the other trim back on but I will. We painted the red in the recess and I will just leave it like that. I love White and Red Color Combination.

THANKS CudaGuy! I got lucky, but I wasn't looking for a wagon when I fell into this one. That being said, for an old Lancer it is CLEAN! I am lucky. Stan

As much as I would like to, it's going to cost WAY too much to do up. The interior is totally shot, no floors at all, the hood and trunk lid are paper thin, the doors are shot, doesn't run, all wheels are seized, and the entire frame is swiss cheese.

Love your Lancer wagon. I'm still looking for a Valiant wagon to do up. Have you inquired about stock class rules. NHRA office in Glendale, CA. told me that they will only sanction the 170 Hyperpak in a 1960 body. If thats not true it opens up the potential pool of cars to choose from. I had dreams of a hyper-pak winning class in Division 7.

Love your Lancer wagon. I'm still looking for a Valiant wagon to do up. Have you inquired about stock class rules. NHRA office in Glendale, CA. told me that they will only sanction the 170 Hyperpak in a 1960 body. If thats not true it opens up the potential pool of cars to choose from. I had dreams of a hyper-pak winning class in Division 7.

Well you never know till you try. The Lancer was not around in 60 so that doesn't hold water. I am changing to 61 grill and tail lights so I am going to tell them it is a 61. Someone told me the NHRA listens to guys who are running. If you build it they will come! We will see. Truth be told, winning INDY is on my bucket list! I would really like to run an EFI on the hyper pak and have a daily driver. That carb and intake is not something I can toss the keys to someone and have them drive it! But what the hell! Life is too short to worry about the small stuff!

Well you never know till you try. The Lancer was not around in 60 so that doesn't hold water. I am changing to 61 grill and tail lights so I am going to tell them it is a 61. Someone told me the NHRA listens to guys who are running. If you build it they will come! We will see. Truth be told, winning INDY is on my bucket list! I would really like to run an EFI on the hyper pak and have a daily driver. That carb and intake is not something I can toss the keys to someone and have them drive it! But what the hell! Life is too short to worry about the small stuff!
Save up and get a megasquirt is all I can say! The original test engine was, you guessed it, a slant 6 8). Its also very simple and there is even a forum where the creators hang out and will give you advice on how to do it and if you decide to go with boost, the system can easily be changed up to do so:-D

All I can say is that she is BEAUTIFUL! :love7:

My wife would disagree, however she approves of the project and thinks it does have a lot of "character!" Love them or hate them, they are unique and I agree with you, Beautiful. Thanks Bea

Cold as can be. Didn't get much work done because I ran out of propane for the heater! Mounted the wheels and cleaned some parts. 195 70 R 14 front and 215 70 R 14 on the rear. They look great and fill the wheel wells pretty good. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_4635.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 979
  • IMG_4636.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_4638.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 984
I am working on the 1 millon details to get her back together! Noticed that body work on the tailgate had sealed the DODGE holes in the tailgate. So I used a small drill bit and then some detail files to get my square holes back. This car uses small metal clips to grip the studs on the letters.

Got the Lancer to the glass shop and got the new windshield, gasket and locking trim installed! Man it looks great. When I got the wagon it had the original glass in it and it had started delaminating on the edges. This one cost big bucks from a glass finder but it is what it is!

Attachments

• IMG_4643.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_4646.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 951
nice work buddy. its good to see another wagon getting attention.

Your right, they need attention. Seems like a never ending list of things to do. And everything takes HOURS! I am amazed by how fast Mother Mopar put them together and how long it takes to do kinda the same job. And most of the factory guys didn't care anywhere as much as I do. Anyway thanks for the kind words.

how the heck did you find a new windshield for that car ?? and what else does it fit?? its kool to be different,,,

how the heck did you find a new windshield for that car ?? and what else does it fit?? its kool to be different,,,

fstfish66 There are a couple of glass finder company on the web that find obsolete glass. They shipped it to my glass shop and it has been sitting for a few months waiting on the wagon. Not Cheap! But it do look good!

was wondering what else that windshield may fit,, i was lucky a few years back to find an ppg NOS replacement windshield for my cuda 169 bucks

was wondering what else that windshield may fit,, i was lucky a few years back to find an ppg NOS replacement windshield for my cuda 169 bucks

Pretty sure just 60 thru 62 valiants and 61 62 lancers. 2 or 4 doors are the same.

-
Back