1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
sometime soon can we get more pics?
:glasses7:

Soon. I want it done as bad as anyone, just a lot of irons in the fire. Today I ran the Cowtown 1/2 Marathon, 2:12, no too bad for a 56 year old man, not great, but the view with all those fine Texas Ladys running helped pass the time!

Bumpers to chrome shop, trans coming out to get built, got the dash out of the parts car, that goes to Mr G's in Fort Worth, 170 on stand as soon as I get the second aluminum motor off the other stand.

Thanks for the "motorvation"!

Got some stuff out of the parts car. Pictures show the difference in a 61 and 62 Pushbutton shifter. Looks like the guts are the same, but buttons and mount brackets are different. Next pictures show what the guys who stole my wagon did to my dash cluster. The used my white paint from Herbs Mopar parts to spray the housing, should be red, and the brush paint on the bezel. Stock dash from parts car shown to show how much they dorked it up. More coming.

Attachments

• IMG_5572_30.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_5577_30.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_5576_30.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_5575_30.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG_5574_30.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_5573_30.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 836
I have learned a ton on this site, just have to keep your eyes open! On the Dart Charger resto page I learned about Alternators! I took some parts off the Lancer parts car today and dang if it didn't have the original alternator. I will get this one rebuilt and run it on my wagon. Check out the photos, 20th week of 1962.

On the shifter, if you remove the brackets to mount it, both the 61 and 62 shifters are the same, so I will be able to make something work for the wagon from my 61 parts.

On the parts car it has an old style exhaust manifold. If some one needs an early manifold for a restoration, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_5608_30.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 829
Lancers.....Chargers......push buttons....... Come on!!!! Everyone knows all these things have nothing to do with real A Bodies...... Well 68 or 69 Darts of course.

Keep on pluggin' Stan but you need to come back to the Dart force!

All the best to you and hope all is well in the great state of Texas!

Well it's starting to move back in the right direction. I took all the Stainless trim to Leo Neal in Lawton OK to get polished and straight. Damn this wagon is getting expensive! There were a lot of scratches on the paint where dude f'ed it up. Erik came two weeks ago and said he could get it done in a couple of days so off to the body shop next month to get that fixed. Paint Code thanks to my bud Dustin in VA is 1986 "PW1" in a Dupont Urethane. So that will get the touch ups done. Took the rest of the exterior parts back off to put it back right. Here it is up on jack stands to remove the transmission and get the rear end fluid put in. Also might do the rear brakes now also. Next spring is the target. Of course 'work' is sending me back to germany next month, so there goes 1 of the next 12 right there. I sure am glad I retired!

Today is Memorial Day. I would like to thank all the Veterans, past and present for their service to our Country! If you can't stand behind our troops, PLEASE stand in front of them. A greatful Nation thanks you for your service. HOOOOOOAH!

Attachments

• IMG_6192_25.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_6193_25.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 718
I sure am glad to see this thing movin along again. It literally warms my heart.

Well it's been awhile but I did get some stuff done this week
Got the rear 10 inch brakes built up and mounted. I had both backing plates powder coated and got some stuff from NAPA to put them together. Added gear oil so I can flat tow it up to the body shop and get the paint touched up. The e brake is working now! Mounted the tow tabs so I can flat tow it the 1 mile to the body shop. I also started tapping all the bolt holes in the 170 engine. Cleaned alot of the gunk that the dip didn't take care of. Not much but still not as clean as I wanted it. Called MR G's and they don't rechrome any more so I took my two bezels apart and I am soaking them in Super Clean to get the old paint and flaking chrome off. I will send the best one to someone to do the chrome. Also got all the big metal parts from the station wagon interior powder coated, they look a lot better than the paint that was on them.

Attachments

• IMG_6579_30.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_6578_30.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 658
some one on this board does plastic chroming and does really nice work i cant remember his total name,,,i believe it is vic some thing or other sorry for the memory loss,,,,some one here may remember,,,good luck,cant wait to see the wagon finished

Here is the parts car bezel after a bath in Super Clean.
It's not bad, I think my original is better. It's in the Clean now. The red paint they brushed on is coming off SLOW. Might need to soak for a couple of days. I will check it tomorrow. Second picture is the clear lens. That took 3 hours with plastic polish to get the red, black and silver brush paint off. Now I need to go get some letters to duplicate the markings for trans, heater, wipers, ignition and lights.

Attachments

• IMG_6600_30.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_6602_30.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_6604_30.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_6596_30.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 592
Hey Nuttyprof, I might have one, I am waiting on a member from OZ with the heater delete plates. If I get those I can sell my heater box. Might have one that needs some repair, is that what you might be looking for?

Anyone have the heater delete firewall plate?

This is the cover I had powder coated. Now I need a 14 inch drop down base with a small carter top diameter.

Attachments

• IMG_6453.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 602
If it needs a little repair it is miles better than none. In Nebraska you NEED a heater. My (ex)mechanic busted mine and now I can't even get my pieces back. :.(

Hey FABO
I really have been working on the old girl. Gave me wife saturday to work in the yard and I got today. Did a millon things to get it going. Here is the engine and me checking a cam. Next job is put in a piston and check clearance before shaving the late model head. I started CCing the head to see how big the chambers are. And last is the auto on a bench waiting. I have never built a torqueflight, but I am going to give it a shot. Any suggestions on a converter company?

Attachments

• IMG_6661_30.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_6662_30.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_6663_30.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 537
thanks for the feedback! im too old school, the only turbo I have is on my cummins. the Lancer will be NA only.

-
Back