1963 Dodge Dart GT convertible rubber request

-

McSpadden

Reaction score
Hi folks! It's been 20 years, so I'm finally putting on a new convertible top. Switching out the white vinyl and putting on a black cloth. I would appreciate your recommendations on where to purchase all new rubber seal linings that go in the chrome roof rails of the top (and also all the door rubbers, seals, weather strippings etc.. anything rubber related associated with the convertible top and sealing. I've owned my Dart since 1990. It's always been a California car, then in Arizona the last 15 years, now in Colorado. I'm also trying to get more power out of it and re-jet the carb here for this hilly terrain. I'm only getting about 8 mpg on this slant6 three on the tree and I'm hoping to increase the power here too. But since it rains a lot here, I've got to get this new top fixed and would appreciate your info or even thoughts on how or what to do to increase the power. My Dart has always been red. It's the same Viper red paint job since 1997 or so. This new top will cost me about $2400 for it all, boot, labor, etc.. and I'm told the last one I'll ever need. Thanks for your info.

Dart Tim.jpg

You have a Great looking car , but they LIED about it being the last top you will need unless you plan on kicking off after about 10- 15 years. especiallyif you use it a lot in the hot climate that will fry the vinyl or canvas top out Stayfast is called cloth, and still bonded to vinyl to be waterproof,I do help make convertible tops and leather interiors. 7 years is normal life on vinyl(or stayfast cloth) that's out in the sun and shrinking + 7-8 before being too stiff to raise and lower correctly.

I ordered my seal kit (7 piece one) from metro molded products. softseal also makes the stuff too.
1962-65 Dodge / Plymouth Roofrail Weatherstrip Seals - RR4500B
and the header seal.
1963-1966 Dodge Dart & Plymouth Valiant convertible top header weatherstrip seal | eBay

or all 7
1963-1966 Dodge Dart & Plymouth Valiant convertible roof rail weatherstrip seals | eBay

don't forget the auxiliary wing vent seal that goes on the front section of the door to "A" pillar.
63-66 Mopar A Body Wing Vent Auxiliary Weatherstrip Seals ALP27 Metro USA MADE | eBay

door Windlace can be had online for about 176.00
1962-1966 Dodge & Plymouth Hardtop Convertible Red Front Door Weatherstrip Seals

(BUT 87-92 dodge ram door seals work fine if you want a black windlace and its a lot cheaper) door pillar post seal and quarter window seals
63-66 Dart Valiant Quarter Pillar Post End Weatherstrip Seals Pair ALP7005 Metro | eBay

and
these are the same/a bit longer and will fit
Mopar 62 63 64 65 67 Satellite Charger Coronet Door Glass to Quarter Window Seal

Last edited:
I just picked up a bunch of rubber products for my '63 Dart GT hardtop from Steel Rubber Products. Looks like they have everything for your convertible too. Search Results

Wow - THANK YOU so much all the helpful info and advice.. Too funny, too! Gee I do hope I make it at least another 15 years... This was and is will only be my only convertible.. I did have it always under a cover or in a garage, so I guess I can consider myself lucky its made it this far. I probably wouldn't have changed it out since the window is the only problem. I was one of those guys who liked to unzip the thing before folding down the top.. and I've been reading that's not the best idea after all.. because maybe you get what I have now.. .an expensive total remove just because of the window! Oh well, all the rubber seals around all the doors and windows needs it more than the top.. so thank you again for all your helpful advice...!

I just picked up a bunch of rubber products for my '63 Dart GT hardtop from Steel Rubber Products. Looks like they have everything for your convertible too. Search Results

-- Hey very helpful! Looks like I will do some shopping with them too... Now that I'm getting into it.. I think I will change out all the door felt too.. where the glass on the front door meets the back... thanks again!

-
Back