Status
Not open for further replies.

1965cudav8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys,

So, sad story here. I bought this car in the spring, did a bunch of work and enjoyed it all summer. However, i recently totaled my daily driver and need cash so that I have something to drive to work this winter (duh).

This is a gold, auto on the floor 1965 plymouth barracuda. She is currently a turn key driver, starts up no problem. I bought it this spring in Vermont and fixed it up as a driver. Tore the interior down to the metal (floors were good, not excellent) and rebuilt. I have a ton of spare interior parts for this car, including resurfaced and repainted black interior trim (not yet installed). Extra rear seat too plus almost full set of exterior trim. Car is very close to being 100% original except for the motor (a swapped but period correct 318 v8), radio, and I also put in a brand new dual pot master cylinder. New brake lines this spring. Also rebuilt all four brake assemblies with some new springs, hinges etc. Car is equipped with a Carter AFB carb, Edelbrock Streetmaster intake mani, and MSD "red box" ignition. New battery. All lights, turn signals etc work properly. I rewired almost everything under the dash as it was a mess when purchased (some hack job).

I have driven this car 6 hours down from Vermont and only had to stop twice: once to change a fuel filter and once to top off the radiator. She runs and drives no problem.

The cons:
Has app. six spots where someone handy with a welder is going to need to cut some patches and weld them on. Specifically, the tops of the quarters, one rear wheel well, hole in the trunk, front quarter, and maybe along the top of the front fender. I have a second set of chrome exterior trim too.
Also needs a passenger door (bottom is rotted). I know where one is with glass for $150 picked up in Maine. Front lip and hood have a crack each.

At some point the fuel tank should be dropped and cleaned. This car sat in a garage for ten years before I started working on it last year and i have to change fuel filters once every month or two because of the crap coming through. A quick cleaning would do the trick.

Driver door creaks when opening (has a little pinch on the bottom that needs to be ground out)

The pros:

Very nice interior, leather is sharp and once the other set of repainted trim is installed will be quite nice

Frame is very straight and solid

All glass is intact and clean

318 is very strong and carb is clean - starts every time

Tons of spare parts

Email me with any questions, desires for more pics etc. I have plenty of threads about it so please peruse them to get a better idea of what I have worked on. Looking to sell before it snows. I was going to put it in a storage unit but I have to purchase a new car and am not in a position to do so anymore. Give this ol gal a home!

Looking to get $1500 for it, I know somebody can either fix this one up or regrettably part it out.

More. Lots of pics in my threads too

Attachments

• 2011-04-26 17.03.30.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 733
  • 2011-04-26 17.01.17.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 714
Except I now have a daily driver but I am working a new job and have no time for her. She also now has a broken drivers side torsion bar. Snapped. They were the originals. Need it trailered out of here FAST. $1000

Damn, wish you weren't in Maine, or I was closer to you-that's a heck of a deal even if it does need some tlc-Bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back