1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
Today I was able to do some of the brackets for the compressor. Next step is to remove the magnet so I can clean and paint the last brackets before continue with the compressor. This is going to interestin!

DSC_1720.JPG

DSC_1721.JPG

Nothing like NOS! My buddy Johan "found" one front fender moulding for my car!! Next was to remove the clutch and paint the bracket. Next is the compressor....

DSC_1723.JPG

DSC_1724.JPG

DSC_1727.JPG

I was able to find a datecoded NOS carb for the engine. Looks good!
Does anyone know if the pcv valve was painted red from Chrysler?

DSC_1729.JPG

DSC_1728.JPG

I was able to re-use a factory replacement power steering preasure hose. Looks new with some goldish paint.
Next issue is the tranny. I started carving the dirt off today. That'll take some time.....!

DSC_1737.JPG

DSC_1738.JPG

DSC_1740.JPG

DSC_1739.JPG

More progress on the thanny. Two hours of hot steam washer and this is the result. Next will be to use a steel wire brush!

I got a set of white walls the other day. Cragar S/S is nice but white walls with wheel covers looks nice too!

DSC_1792.JPG

DSC_1791.JPG

Date coded spark plug wores make the engine run better. I think!!! Now I just need to find out where the black plastic wire connectors are located!

DSC_1799.JPG

DSC_1800.JPG

Today I made some more progress. The rear bumper brackets is painted and ready for a bumper. But they are bolted to the body.
The compressor was tricky to clean. After that and cleaning the oil pan I could assemble it and shoot some black paint. Next step was to mount it on the engine. The old info tag was a little worn out but in my shop I found an NOS one. Looks better!

DSC_1829.JPG

DSC_1848.JPG

DSC_1849.JPG

DSC_1847.JPG

DSC_1850.JPG

The last day has been painful and sleepless! But still some progress.
1. The brake lines are all in place.
2. The air condition unit is fully connected under the dash.
3. The transmission has been cleaned and rebuilt with left hand only!!
4. Today I was finally able to connect the transmission to the engine.
Next will be to connect the kick down rod and the neutral wiring harness.

DSC_1948.JPG

DSC_1949.JPG

DSC_1950.JPG

DSC_1951.JPG

I was able to restore the transmission cooling lines incl the bracket. The engine/tranny brackets was glassbeaded and painted a gold/green paint that makes it look like yellow dichromated! But it looks good on a driver!

DSC_1963.JPG

DSC_1964.JPG

Rear transmission mount is done. I got a flashback today from when I was doing the Dartcharger! Funny how times fly by!

DSC_1967.JPG

Next step was to restore the starter. I wanted it on good condition so I parted it out and gave it a good cleaning. Some odd parts on this one is that the cover, the rear bearing end and the bolts are yellow dichromated!! First time I've seen this! After the cleaning I started the assembling. I remember that years ago I bought a couple of NOS white plastic plates so on it vent. Next was to test it and finally mount it on the engine/tranny combo and add the y-pipe. Finally I'm ready for uniting it to the body!

DSC_1970.JPG

DSC_1971.JPG

My buddies Johan and Thomas showed up tonight to assist one arm Ulf with uniting the body with the enginge, tranny and front end.

The work vent like a glove. Big thanks to my buddies!

DSC_1980.JPG

DSC_1981.JPG

DSC_1983.JPG

DSC_1982.JPG

DSC_1984.JPG

That works slick Ulf. I've never put the engine in from underneath but once you do it that way I's sure you will never drop one in from the top again. It would be handy to mate the engine/trans out of the car. That's where the problems arise.:thumbsup:

They look a little chilly. How cold was it in there? No heat? Looking good.

The foot operated switch for headlights are restord back to stock condition incl vax!!
The date code 215, 21st week of 1965 is correct.

DSC_1999.JPG

DSC_2001.JPG

DSC_2002.JPG

Today a mystery package showed up! Finding out that the NOS speedometer cable from Don was inside made me smile! Even the grommet was included! Will looks like stock!

Thanks Don!

DSC_2026.JPG

DSC_2027.JPG

DSC_2028.JPG

-
Back