1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
The rear weatherstrip was toast! Are these being repopped?

DSC_0888.JPG

DSC_0887.JPG

DSC_0886.JPG

Ulf, I think PP & R in OZ reproduces pretty much most, if not all, the weatherstripping, etc for the tailgate area. They also do the quarter glass weatherstrip as well, I believe.

Ulf, I think PP & R in OZ reproduces pretty much most, if not all, the weatherstripping, etc for the tailgate area. They also do the quarter glass weatherstrip as well, I believe.
Thanks Don! I will check into that tomorrow.

When you removed the quarter panel molding, am I correct in assuming that each end is secured by a clip with a stud and nut and the rest the clips just pop out?
It's just clips. In the rear door area where the moulding starts is a small phillip scew. For the clips, just use a plier through the outside tail light hole.

Thanks Don! I will check into that tomorrow.
Don! After going through PP&Rs website I could not find anything. However I found the rear quarter glass weatherstripping which was cool!

I know that some where I read about a Company that did reproduction rear glass weatherstripping for wagons. I think it even fitten 1965 B-body!

Well, I will not give up. Back to search........

The right front door is emtied out. Some roof mpulding and the rear part of the car is ready.
Today my buddy gave me a hand so I could take out the front glass in piece. The lookstrip was on 10 pieces!
Re the rear quarte windows I thought that the lookstrip look tired and need same paint to look decent. Then all of a sudden I remember the looking strip I bought for the Dart Charger
But I could not use it due to too small. They were for wagons! After comparing these will fit! Thanks Keith! (66340SEDAN)

DSC_0894.JPG

DSC_0893.JPG

DSC_0896.JPG

DSC_0895.JPG

Todays work! When I was going to disconnect the starter relay I found out that they moved the clips holding the wire that goes down to the neutral start contact. On my Dart Charger that clips was mounted on the bolt holding the transmission against the engine.

It also seems like the bulkhead connector has been switched. My Dart Charger has the connectors mounted vertically but on my wagon assembled June 25 they have switched 90 degrees!!

Question; How does the bulkhead connector for a 1966 Dart looks like?

It was alot of wiring when the dash was removed. Tons of wires for the tailgate!

But tomorrow it will be a start of removing the exhaust and the prop.shaft.

DSC_0909.JPG

DSC_0911.JPG

DSC_0912.JPG

DSC_0913.JPG

DSC_0914.JPG

DSC_0915.JPG

DSC_0916.JPG

DSC_0917.JPG

Last edited:
It's getting there. Just some small part to take off. Tonight I cleaned the engine and the engine compartment. I actually found 3 markings under the hood. 1520, a cross and the rarely seen inspector O.K. stamp for paint!

DSC_0946.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0950.JPG

DSC_0953.JPG

DSC_0959.JPG

DSC_0960.JPG

DSC_0961.JPG

I'm looking for the paint code for 1965 Dodge bright red and ruby red. I would like to paint my car with clear coat so it's just the code for the base!

While I was cleaning the left lower control arm I was able to locate a white paint marking. I had the same on my Dartcharger so I guess that they used that method at the Los Angeles plant!

DSC_1056.JPG

It getting closer and closer for paint. Delivered a glass beaded fendertag and one unpainted screw to hold it in place. Engine compartment left and the front valence.

DSC_1060.JPG

DSC_1061.JPG

DSC_1062.JPG

DSC_1063.JPG

The best part during the restoration has finally arrived. The assembly line! I just love the sight of watching a car come together. Tonight the procedure was started. Yipiii!

DSC_1065.JPG

Looking forward to the pics and procedures. Will get to that point some time lol!

After everything possible is assembled to the K Frame on your rolling dolly and it's rolled in position, are you able to lower the car low enough to join the car frame rails to the mounting points on the K Frame? Or must you need to also raise the dolly with the K to meet the car?

After everything possible is assembled to the K Frame on your rolling dolly and it's rolled in position, are you able to lower the car low enough to join the car frame rails to the mounting points on the K Frame? Or must you need to also raise the dolly with the K to meet the car?
I lift the front of the car with a hydraulic jack at the transmission cross member. Then roll in the completed K-frame with engine/tranny, steering, brakes, control arms, starter, Y-pipe. All excl alternator and bracket, fan, carburator and air cleaner. Then just lower it but keeping the "cart" centered so I dont get any scratches. The body will rest on the K-frame.
Next is to bolt the k-frame and then use the jack to raise the rear transmission mount to the cross member. From start to bolted k-frame, rear transmission mount and upper control arms to the spindels is about 45 minutes. Simple as that!
It's so easy since you can do all the adjustments with fully access. That speed's up the process too!

First lower control arm in place. Right side control arm had paint markings too.
The steering sector has had big oil leaks during all year. I nos kit will do it.

DSC_1066.JPG

DSC_1064.JPG

DSC_1067.JPG

The power steering box is rebuilt with new gaskets and bushings. Manufactured week 45 of 1964 was early for a car assembled june of 1965!
The mounting studs was in excellent and needed just a good cleaning to get the right finish.
But as I mentioned in my Dartcharger thread it looks like if you have an a-body with power steering you have two mounting studs to the right and one bolt to the left side of the car. Reason can be the weight of the box!

DSC_1095.JPG

DSC_1096.JPG

-
Back