1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
My CA-built 65 wagon used 3 bolts to secure the PS box to the K Frame. Could it have been a running change sometime during the 65 model year? I will take a look at the assembly date when I get home

According to my fender data tag, the wagon was scheduled 7/19/65 - pretty late in the model year! So quite possible it was a running change to use 3 bolts rather than 2 studs'/nuts and one bolt.

According to my fender data tag, the wagon was scheduled 7/19/65 - pretty late in the model year! So quite possible it was a running change to use 3 bolts rather than 2 studs'/nuts and one bolt.
You might be right Don!
That stud is exactly the same as the one holding the starter. It might have been cheaper just going one partnumber on a bolt then one bolt, two studs, two washers and two nuts!!

More parts getting there. I even found an NOS idler arm in my inventory! Well, I love progress!

DSC_1128.JPG

The rear mecanism for the tailgate glass was challenging. 51 year old grease was like cement. I understand why the gladd was tuff to close. Now it runs like hell!

DSC_1141.JPG

DSC_1142.JPG

Next step in the restoration process is done, exterior paint! Liljaskolan, as always stepped up and did a super great job. The paint was applayed by Jonathan with friend. Amazing job! Next step is interior paint.

DSC_1144.JPG

DSC_1151.JPG

DSC_1153.JPG

DSC_1154.JPG

Last edited:
Started to restore the a/c unit today. That's when I noticed that the rubber hose elbow is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Anyone have one for sale?

DSC_1178.JPG

DSC_1177.JPG

Next is transmission. I have never seen a transmission where dirt and oil is rock hard! However some areas is the way it looked new! Wow! Need to find a way to get rid of it!

Any suggestions?

DSC_1183.JPG

DSC_1184.JPG

Thanks guys, diesel sounds like a plan.
Today I stopped by at Liljaskolan to have a look at the final result of the paint job on the body. The student Pontus did a super job! He has for sure found his way of living. I will pick it up next week.

DSC_1185.JPG

DSC_1187.JPG

DSC_1191.JPG

DSC_1188.JPG

DSC_1189.JPG

DSC_1190.JPG

The staff at my assembly line has been off since 2015 but now the next car is coming down the line, my Dart 270 wagon!

Now the fun part begins adding new or restored parts.

Don! First thing added was the NOS Dodge emblem on the hood. Looks awesome!

DSC_1201.JPG

DSC_1202.JPG

DSC_1203.JPG

DSC_1204.JPG

DSC_1205.JPG

Don! First thing added was the NOS Dodge emblem on the hood. Looks awesome!

It sure stands out! I have one more NOS DODGE emblem as well as a NOS center emblem which will go on my wagon whenever I get to that point.

-
Back