1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
New master cylinder and new door handles. Life is good!

DSC_1207.JPG

DSC_1208.JPG

Great work (as usual) and what a wonderful car! One thing I was wondering, how is it to drive your cars that have been restored back to original? It's like a brand new (old) car. I have never had the opportunity to ride in or drive such a thing. Everything I know has been hot rodded one way or another etc. Might sound like a silly question, but I'm really curious :) How would the old technology hold up to Scandinavian weather and such? New cars are so advanced these days. Anyway, great work! I'll be following this thread, I love the wagon!

Finally some progress this weekend. Headlights, engine compartment wiring harness, V8 emblems, Pentastar, taillight bezel och tailgate lettering. This is fun!

DSC_1260.JPG

DSC_1261.JPG

DSC_1262.JPG

Great work (as usual) and what a wonderful car! One thing I was wondering, how is it to drive your cars that have been restored back to original? It's like a brand new (old) car. I have never had the opportunity to ride in or drive such a thing. Everything I know has been hot rodded one way or another etc. Might sound like a silly question, but I'm really curious :) How would the old technology hold up to Scandinavian weather and such? New cars are so advanced these days. Anyway, great work! I'll be following this thread, I love the wagon!
I must admit that the feeling is new car! Choke pull off works, engine stall smothly, start and drives sweet. Transmission shifts almost without notice.
But this wagon will be a driver! Today we got 42 inch of snow so we got some wierd weather. But they sold around 1200 65 Dart here in Sweden. It was a popular car back then.

I dragraced in early 80ies until I got on original track. I like and enjoy it.

I must admit that the feeling is new car! Choke pull off works, engine stall smothly, start and drives sweet. Transmission shifts almost without notice.
But this wagon will be a driver! Today we got 42 inch of snow so we got some wierd weather. But they sold around 1200 65 Dart here in Sweden. It was a popular car back then.

I dragraced in early 80ies until I got on original track. I like and enjoy it.
That sounds sweet!

More picture of details. Was able to install firewall insulation tonight.
I forgot how boring it was to sand the stainless steel mouldings but it is worth it when they are in place.

DSC_1308.JPG

DSC_1312.JPG

DSC_1313.JPG

DSC_1314.JPG

DSC_1315.JPG

DSC_1316.JPG

DSC_1310.JPG

DSC_1311.JPG

DSC_1317.JPG

DSC_1318.JPG

Nothing like shiny new stuff to install! Is all that hood latch stuff cad plated? Looks to be.

Is all that hood latch stuff cad plated? Looks to be.
Yes, it is! I had Eric do a spare one for me when I was working on the Dart Charger.

It looks like the lever to unlatch the hood from the core support is painted red. Is that correct? I would have thought it would have been cad plated as well!

It looks like the lever to unlatch the hood from the core support is painted red. Is that correct? I would have thought it would have been cad plated as well!
Correct Don! The latch should be silver cad and the hook yellow dichromated. The little opener uner the hood medallion should be yellow dichromated too. I will send Eric the latch and some small stuff to get it right. It will be a driver......

Correct Don! The latch should be silver cad and the hook yellow dichromated. The little opener uner the hood medallion should be yellow dichromated too. I will send Eric the latch and some small stuff to get it right. It will be a driver......

So I was wrong in thinking it was all cad plated. I am getting a box of fasteners and other things ready to send to Eric so I will pull the bracket, hook and latch assembly off my wagon's hood and get them done as well. Even thought my wagon (and yours too) will be "driver's", it should look correct I think!

You
So I was wrong in thinking it was all cad plated. I am getting a box of fasteners and other things ready to send to Eric so I will pull the bracket, hook and latch assembly off my wagon's hood and get them done as well. Even thought my wagon (and yours too) will be "driver's", it should look correct I think!
You're right! I like the factory look but will keep it in driver style! Any progress on your wagon Don?

You're right! I like the factory look but will keep it in driver style! Any progress on your wagon Don?

I am finally making some progress on it as I am replacing the driver's floor due to the lower cowl at the vent rusting away. Yes, I will have to replace it AND the passenger side lower cowl and probably the front passenger floorpan as well. I will be updating my thread after I take a few pictures.

I am finally making some progress on it as I am replacing the driver's floor due to the lower cowl at the vent rusting away. Yes, I will have to replace it AND the passenger side lower cowl and probably the front passenger floorpan as well. I will be updating my thread after I take a few pictures.
I got some extra sheet metal from under cowl towards the air inlets if you need them.

How about that little latch catch in pic nr 7 - cad or yellow dichromate?

I got some extra sheet metal from under cowl towards the air inlets if you need them.

Another member (old dart 66) sent me a good big chunk of metal for the driver's side lower cowl vent area. I know the passenger side is going to need some work, just don't know how much as I really haven't got into it yet.

How about that little latch catch in pic nr 7 - cad or yellow dichromate?
It should be yellow dichromated with black phosphated bolts. Sometimes it was oversprayed. They deducted points on the judging on my car even if it had oversprayed from factory. They said it was sprayed from underneath. True, but on 65 Dart you have the front valence mounted which mean you spray the black paint from the front view! We had a discussion on that and they were going to change the judging on that.

-
Back