1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
Thanks Don! I will plug the other end when I get back home tonight!
If yours has been open to the atmosphere for more than a day or so, the desiccant is likely to be not effective and the drier will need to be rebuilt. I've got another drier currently at Classic Air to be rebuilt.

I just got off the phone with Classic Air about my drier (shipping out this Fri - ye haw) and was discussing with him your drier. He said anything more than a couple of hours with the lines open and the dessicant bag is no good. Just some info to pass along!

If you run the dessicant under a vacuum it will pull the moisture out of it.
Don! You were right. I need to redo it! Dang!! But my friend will help me out!
Tonight I glass beaded the horns and bracket and painted them. They look great!
Started to put back all the parts in the trunk lid. Too much parts!

DSC_1396.JPG

DSC_1395.JPG

DSC_1394.JPG

If you run the dessicant under a vacuum it will pull the moisture out of it.

Another member (FWDLKFrank) and I were talking about this and he thinks Classic Air replaces 50 plus year old desiccant with fresh which is how they rebuild them.

I would agree with having dessicant that old replaced. Even with a sealed system after assembly I would run it under at least 1/2 hour vacuum before charging.

You send them yours which they will rebuild so you get your original back.
Seems the way to go Don!
This is how the profile on the outside weatherstrip moulding on the tailgate. The procedure to mount the rear glass is to put the bracket for the glass inside the tailgate and add the rubber moulding. Then it's just to drop the glass inside and secure is with the three Phillips screws. Simple as that!

I haven't looked at the one I had rebuilt a couple of years ago (in storage) and the one from a 65 Valiant is due to be shipped this coming Friday, but is there a date code on the drier? It doesn't matter to me but to you it might!

Seems the way to go Don!
This is how the profile on the outside weatherstrip moulding on the tailgate. The procedure to mount the rear glass is to put the bracket for the glass inside the tailgate and add the rubber moulding. Then it's just to drop the glass inside and secure is with the three Phillips screws. Simple as that!

Got a pic of what you are describing for the weatherstrip?

More progress this weekend. All the door can be locked now. There rear floor panel and the wood floor is in place.
I even mounted and adjusted all the parts and the mecanism in the tailgate.
When I bolted the rear corners I found out it was cracked. So I'm looking for one, they are the same as 65 Valiant and Barracuda. If the seller could bring it to Chrysler at Carlisle would be great!

DSC_1414.JPG

DSC_1415.JPG

DSC_1416.JPG

DSC_1418.JPG

That looks like a new floor! It looks like OSB. My floor is plywood. I will look and see if I have one of those rubber bumpers.

Finally all parts ready to go into the trunk. The pole is not yellow dichromated, it's painted gold metallic!! It looks perfect!

DSC_1426.JPG

DSC_1425.JPG

The instrument panel is getting there. I wetsanded the red paint and used a non shiny clear coat and woila, it turned out great!
Don, your instrument cluster really stands out. Just need to paint the two right ones to get the same finish. What paint did you use?

DSC_1450.JPG

Don, your instrument cluster really stands out. Just need to paint the two right ones to get the same finish. What paint did you use?

Actually I am not going to paint the upper dash - when I get to that point, I'll post it on my build thread. I will paint the lower dash in the original glossy light blue. The rechromed bezel and digital gauges ought to pop against the blue dash frame.

Last edited:
I found a can of aluminium paint that worked well with the instrument cluster but not the a/c bezel. I'll leave it that way cause it 's in faboluos condition.

DSC_1451.JPG

DSC_1452.JPG

View attachment 1715060128

Ulf, I misread your post! I did not paint the glove box and end panel (which are for a 66 Barracuda - same as the instrument cluster. I sent them to be rechromed and painted the grey color at the same time as the instrument bezel. Sorry for my confusion!

Ulf, I misread your post! I did not paint the glove box and end panel (which are for a 66 Barracuda - same as the instrument cluster. I sent them to be rechromed and painted the grey color at the same time as the instrument bezel. Sorry for my confusion!
No problem Don! Now it's ready and I'm so happy that I bought your instruments and bezels. It looks awesome! Thanks my friend!

-
Back