1966 8 3/4 b body rear end

-

Moparvinson

Reaction score
I have heard that earlier b body rear ends will fit under an a body with minimal changes. Does anyone know if a 1966 8 3/4 will fit a 1o67 dart? Thanks

Vinson
The 1965-1967 year range will supposedly drop onto your springs if you stretch them upon installation--the perches are 1" wider in total.

Moparts on the Web - Main Index

The B Body rear is posted as 59 1/2" drum-to-drum so you would be gaining a little more than an inch per side. I've seen cars use 90's Mustang wheels to address that extra axle width because the backspacing works with the skirted fenders of cars like yours.
I've even talked to a guy with an early-A Dart who did this, with a factory steel wheel, but it had to be skinny with a small tire. I don't know if it rubbed as he drove it!

David

They work reasonably well on Dusters, Demons, Dart Sports or 2nd gen Barracudas but it will be real tight on a Dart Probably needing some odd offset wheels to run it.

I sell 66-70 B body rears to Duster/Demon owners, just weld new perches on and it's almost perfect for most wheels.

'65 B body rear is actually better as it's a little narrower, but harder to find.

Last edited:
-
Back