-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj270ride

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Selling my 66 Dart 270 2Dr. Slant 6 225 cu.in. with three speed on the column. If I recall from researching the VIN years ago, this car came out of LA factory, which makes sense since the lady I bought it from got it in Martinez, California. Mostly original and well cared for. Second owner. Original paint still shines and vehicle is running strong on rebuild that occured in 1997 (just cruised up the highway 100 mi round trip to a show this weekend). This car got me through high school and college. Has been garaged for most of its 46-year life. A few rock chips and scratches (most from before I bought it at 16 years old) but body is straight as an arrow and has never been wrecked. Car lived most of its life in Eastern Washington (which if you're from this part of the country means a lot because it's dry as a bone there as opposed to the Seattle side of the mountains). One isolated surface rust issue in trunk but sheet metal is solid and location of water infiltration has been identified. (Probably happened during the few years the car was outside at school). I can provide you with engine compartment, trunk and undercarriage/fender photos as requested (don't have them on this computer I'm posting from).

Non stock items include electronic ignition, replaced aluminum radiator and upholstery (relatively similar style and color as original, though). Kept pretty close to stock otherwise.

Asking $4,500 and I'm pretty firm on that price based on recent offers I've recieved. I'm new to selling a rig this way so I'd have to get a tutorial on selling out of state and don't really want to hassle with shipping unless its on your dime. Rather than spend the $ on shipping, take a trip to the beautiful Northwest, or hopefully you're local.

I hadn't heard of this forum until the car show this last weekend and am now hopeful that I can pass the Dart on to someone who appreciates this type of ride, so I posted here. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 742
  • 7.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 648
  • 6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 626
  • 5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 639
  • 4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 642
  • 3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 684
  • 2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 634
Adding some engine, undercarriage and trunk photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 536
I have seen this car in person and it is as described. Very solid, clean car! If I wasn't up to my neck in projects, I would like to have it.

That thing is beautiful. If I had that kind of scratch, it would be in my driveway.

For those living in the Puget Sound area interested in looking at the car, I will have it at a free car show in Fircrest at the park in the center of town on Saturday, August 25th. Come and see it in person. Thanks.

Lots of lookers and several took flyers at the car show, but no action yet, just a few calls. I'm thinking that I just need the right guy to see it. Several ladies have been all over it, with one saying "me and my friend Suzy ran the guts out of one of these when we were kids." Of course, she said she would be interested if she had garage space. That seems to be a common response I'm getting. Maybe I should offer to garage it for them after the sale.:toothy8:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back