1967 Cuda FB project

-
Whenever I do anything like what you're doing I always consider myself 95 percent done after I have everything cut and fitted. The welding and grinding is the gravy work. Yes it takes a little time but the hard (creative work/thinking/planning) part is DONE!!!

EXCELLENT WORK!!!:thumbsup:

treblig

Thank you, thank you. Did some more welding and grinding this afternoon. Tedious work manipulating the two panels together so they flow.

I had my doubts but it looks like you're gonna be able to pull it off. I suspect the direction of Frankencuda is veering away from being an all out autocross monster towards something to WOW the resto-mod folk. I guess that'd be one way to make the new Hellcat owners envious.

Somewhere there's a wrecked Hellcat waiting to donate it's drivetrain.
Hellcat, smellcat, for this over the top build l think you should go Cummins 6.7! Just think of the torque with good mileage to boot. Still enjoying your build immensely SNKEBIT, unbelievable work and craftsmanship.

Hellcat, smellcat, for this over the top build l think you should go Cummins 6.7! Just think of the torque with good mileage to boot. Still enjoying your build immensely SNKEBIT, unbelievable work and craftsmanship.
Believe me, that thought crossed my mind once. :) I just didn't want the weight. Plus, I wanted to be able to row a shifter. lol The Cummins 6 speed is waaayyyyyy freekin heavy.

Thanks for the kudos!!!!

BTW, I did get some more welding done on the roof.

Believe me, that thought crossed my mind once. :) I just didn't want the weight. Plus, I wanted to be able to row a shifter. lol The Cummins 6 speed is waaayyyyyy freekin heavy.

Thanks for the kudos!!!!

BTW, I did get some more welding done on the roof.

Now that I think about it I guess my "over the top" description is actually guite literal considering the moon roof! Also it just came to mind if it had the diesel, you could rent it out to John aka 1967'cuda to till his farm and get it going. Quite a sight it would be , a custom Barracuda pulling a plow in the middle of Nebraska field....

Now that I think about it I guess my "over the top" description is actually guite literal considering the moon roof! Also it just came to mind if it had the diesel, you could rent it out to John aka 1967'cuda to till his farm and get it going. Quite a sight it would be , a custom Barracuda pulling a plow in the middle of Nebraska field....

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He would do that too!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Guys. Just isn't enuff time in the day. Way behind on customers cars. (I hate that part). One legged man in an *** kicking contest. lol

Excuses, excuses... You're probably taking nights off claiming you need to sleep!

I clearly remember working over 100 hrs a week back in the day. When my son's were growing up they would complain about having to work 35-40 a week and I'd tell them about when I worked over 100 hours. In the beginning they would dispute my claim until I pulled out my old time slips and paycheck stubs. Then I'd watch they're jaws drop. Then later, anytime I'd remind them about the hours I worked, they'd say, "The days were probably longer back in ancient times!!"

I'd tell about how I'd work 12/14 hours a day then go to machine shop school at night from 6PM to 11PM 3 or 4 nights a week, they would just listen in disbelief. But they all grew up to be hard workers who no longer complain.

So.....how many hours a week are you working????

Treblig

I clearly remember working over 100 hrs a week back in the day. When my son's were growing up they would complain about having to work 35-40 a week and I'd tell them about when I worked over 100 hours. In the beginning they would dispute my claim until I pulled out my old time slips and paycheck stubs. Then I'd watch they're jaws drop. Then later, anytime I'd remind them about the hours I worked, they'd say, "The days were probably longer back in ancient times!!"

I'd tell about how I'd work 12/14 hours a day then go to machine shop school at night from 6PM to 11PM 3 or 4 nights a week, they would just listen in disbelief. But they all grew up to be hard workers who no longer complain.

So.....how many hours a week are you working????

Treblig

Treblig's right. A lot of us put in crazy hours at our jobs. When I worked as an industrial safety technician I was doing 14 hour days, 12 in a row then 2 off and I did it for years. 98 hours a week.

I did some work yesterday and today on the Cuda!! Figured I would try to fit the heat/a-c box from the 300 into the Cuda. Drilled some holes to mount the unit and discovered the holes for the factory wire bulkhead and brake booster needed to go. In the process of cutting and welding in sheet metal to flush out the rest of the fire wall.
Pics later. Ha!

I did some work yesterday and today on the Cuda!! Figured I would try to fit the heat/a-c box from the 300 into the Cuda. Drilled some holes to mount the unit and discovered the holes for the factory wire bulkhead and brake booster needed to go. In the process of cutting and welding in sheet metal to flush out the rest of the fire wall.
Pics later. Ha!

I think you should post new pictures of all the various portions of progress. Any new members after FABO made it's upgrade really miss out on the majority of modifications unless they take the time to click on the old links. - Looking forward to each step forward.

Got some pics of filling the firewall and modifying the 300 heater box.
Filling and welding patch panel.
20161202_163148.jpg
20161203_091353_001.jpg
20161203_092750.jpg

Had to modify the heater box because the firewall on the Cuda is flat compared to the 300. Plus, I wanted it to fit as close to the firewall as I could get it so it will clear the bottom of the dash. The 300's dash is way thicker than the Cuda's new dash.
20161201_171003.jpg

20161201_170949.jpg

20161201_170144.jpg

20161201_172301.jpg

More pics later. :)

Had to modify the heater box because the firewall on the Cuda is flat compared to the 300. Plus, I wanted it to fit as close to the firewall as I could get it so it will clear the bottom of the dash. The 300's dash is way thicker than the Cuda's new dash.
View attachment 1714994994
View attachment 1714994995
View attachment 1714994996
View attachment 1714994997
More pics later. :)

You know that's definitely going to be a "One Off" car. Depending on the interior finish and quality of the exterior paint and body work you'll probably be able to fetch a pretty penny and the Mecum Auction. I've seen nice cars with much fewer modifications go for big money!! And it's all documented here!! How do you plan to do with the interior??

treblig

You know that's definitely going to be a "One Off" car. Depending on the interior finish and quality of the exterior paint and body work you'll probably be able to fetch a pretty penny and the Mecum Auction. I've seen nice cars with much fewer modifications go for big money!! And it's all documented here!! How do you plan to do with the interior??

treblig
Interior is still up in the air. Am going to use the seats from the 300. Have to recover them. Also scheming a way to use the power tilt wheel from the 300. :)
20161203_141001.jpg

Made the hole for the a-c and heater tubes.
20161203_143020.jpg

Had to clearance a little from my template. You can see where I made mark with sharpie. :)
20161203_145432.jpg
The dash will not fit quite flush. I have to extend the dash about 1&1/2" towards the driver. No big deal, just more welding and grinding. :)
20161203_145448.jpg

Last edited:
Now I have to figure out how to get the adjustable pedals from a gen 3 viper to fit. The gas pedal from the 300 is fairly easy. Running out of room with that factory heater box! :)

I can see now why the new cars weigh so much, - IT'S THOSE HUMONGOUS HEATERS!!!

Now I have to figure out how to get the adjustable pedals from a gen 3 viper to fit. The gas pedal from the 300 is fairly easy. Running out of room with that factory heater box! :)

How are you going to manage getting the viper steering column mount to align with the Cuda Steering box?

treblig

How are you going to manage getting the viper steering column mount to align with the Cuda Steering box?

treblig

I am going to try the 300 steering column. Have to make a tube for it as the stock 300 has a plastic cover. Just a matter of the right coupler to the steering box.

-
Back