1967 Valiant 2 door Hardtop?

-

451Cuda

Reaction score
I didn't think they existed, then I stumble upon this video on YouTube showing the resto of one. It's obviously south of the border...was that an export only option, or did any get made here in the US?

Cool. Being the owner of a 67 valiant I never knew there was a hardtop
version

It is my understanding they were made and sold south of the border.
After 67 you could only get a sedan, till about 72-73 I think.

The 2 door Valiant (US) was done when the Duster was released.Only 4 doors till the release of the Valiant Scamp.

This was Mexico production and did not see any sales in the US. I have been lusting after a 68 for a long time. They are how these cars should have been built.

Cool car .... but in this case the post cars look better.

Cool car .... but in this case the post cars look better.

I agree I prefer my '67 post...just thought it was interesting.

On the car in that video you can see a filler panel behind the quarter window...looks like they slid the post window forward and used Dart pieces to seal the window edge and door jamb.

Last edited:
I agree I prefer my '67 post...just thought it was interesting.

On the car in that video you can see a filler panel behind the quarter window...looks like they slid the post window forward and used Dart pieces to seal the window edge and door jamb.
In my opinion the post Valiant especially the 69 is the best looking Of the square A bodies, somehow the post Dsrts are also the ugliest.
I love the of foreign cars that pop up on here from around the world, the one car that I have yet to see that I have been told exists is the 70 2 door post Valiant.

-
Back