1967 wheel cover options

-
CCI05152011_0008 (983x1280).jpg

Here's a page from an accessories catalog. Those shown in post 4 were dealer installed through 1968, and maybe later.

Part 5 Added Beauty Convenience - 02.jpg

I have the mag wheel style shown in S'cuder's post on a 67. It's gold with the black formula s top stripping. The black center ties in well with the gold and black stripe. It looks better with Keystone classics with the black trim and gold lettering on the center cap.

The dog dish was "standard" so not listed as an option.

In 1967 only the Mag-type wheel cover was "std. on Fastback."
This same wheel cover was called the Deluxe Wheel Cover for 1968/69, and not to be confused with the dealer installed Custom "Mag."

So the only factory installed option for a 1967 fastback was the Bolt-on Wheel Cover.

I have a 1967 fastback, and the buildcard is blank for HUB CAPS/WHL. CVRS./WIND. WSH./VAR. SPD. WPRS.

This is from the 67 Barracuda Brochure, so I would say they were available from the factory.

67 Barracuda Brochure.jpg

Not per any literature. Ads and brochures often show options different than actually available.

Alan
From the same brochure, I think. The best I could find on the web. It pictures the wheel cover in question, and below it says "road sport wheel covers*
*Dealer installed."

Screenshot_20231208-000325.png

Because they are called different things in other literature I don't know if they are referring to the one pictured, or something else. Another picture dates the brochure November 1966, about three months later than other literature. I have a 1968 brochure that also says dealer installed.

From the same brochure, I think. The best I could find on the web. It pictures the wheel cover in question, and below it says "road sport wheel covers*
*Dealer installed."

View attachment 1716175545

Because they are called different things in other literature I don't know if they are referring to the one pictured, or something else. Another picture dates the brochure November 1966, about three months later than other literature. I have a 1968 brochure that also says dealer installed.
There ya go, "Dealer Installed" that pretty much sums it up.

Alan

I thought all hub caps, wheel covers and a few other items were installed at the dealership? The PDI dept. would be responsible for checking all the fluid levels, air pressure, fuel etc.etc Also they would wash the car and remove the Monroe sheet, seat covers or any plastic that was used to protect the interior. I believe the floormats along with the wheel covers were shipped in the trunk from the factory. Of course things change and this practice may not apply any more ???

I thought all hub caps, wheel covers and a few other items were installed at the dealership? The PDI dept. would be responsible for checking all the fluid levels, air pressure, fuel etc.etc Also they would wash the car and remove the Monroe sheet, seat covers or any plastic that was used to protect the interior. I believe the floormats along with the wheel covers were shipped in the trunk from the factory. Of course things change and this practice may not apply any more ???
They may have been installed at the dealer but they were shipped in the car.

Alan

-
Back