1968 barracuda 383 convertible

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
any chance on of you guys with a similar vehicle can tell me dimensions of factory pinion snubber? Looking at several on e-bay but they vary in length and I think height. Any info/comments appreciated. Looks like my floorpan has a bump-out where contact under correct conditions would be..pic of one mentions it's approx. 6 3/8" long..
thanks

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Turns out I cant help you, mine is 7 1/4 currently.

Interesting. I am going to use an 8.75 742 center chunk from a 67 fury. I always thought the snubber bracket was the same. I guess now they are different from A,B,C ?

I looked on ebay and the shape is all over the place some are fat some are skinny. One potential solution is to load up the trunk with weight and see how long the snubbed would need to be to contact the body in the recess you decsribed. I know it is not the same as axle twist but it might give you an idea?

Hey perfect, thanks! I owe you one..you got the 383-S hood inserts for your car? I'm still looking for a pair..

looks the same as mine on my 68 383-s rag also.. i don't think its special for big block A bodies.. same as all the others..

my681.jpg

assume you are talking about the snubber? BTW, I picked one up on flea bay like the pics so will see how it fits this week..that color looks great on your car - is that a '68 color?

-
Back