1968 barracuda antisway bar

-
[QUOTE = "AJ / FormS, poste: 1971887651, membre: 33537"] J'ai le Hellwig 1.125.
C'était un peu intéressant de l'adapter à mon 68 Barracuda mais c'est allumé et ça marche très bien. [/ QUOTE]
good!

[QUOTE = "AJ / FormS, poste: 1971887651, membre: 33537"] J'ai le Hellwig 1.125.
C'était un peu intéressant de l'adapter à mon 68 Barracuda mais c'est allumé et ça marche très bien. [/ QUOTE]
good!
Believe it or not, I can read almost every word. I didn't think learning French in school would ever do me any good, but here it is 45 years later, je ne c'est pas desolee. I can't write it tres bien,tho

Believe it or not, I can read almost every word. I didn't think learning French in school would ever do me any good, but here it is 45 years later, je ne c'est pas desolee. I can't write it tres bien,tho
Sorry, this is a bad maneuver with my PC. That's right, you learn French at school?:thumbsup:

The Hellwig is hollow - so will be the lightest. Torsional resistance will be almost as high as the solid of the same dimensions.
Looking at the Addcos mounting - it is going to be a pain. Putting the bolts into the K-member hollow section you'll have to rely on threading the K itself - not good.
Firm Feel's sway bars mounting is well developed and tested as a bolt on product. That would be an alternative to Hellwig if you wanted one.

So,Hellwig is better for all.(Firm feel is good but don't ship worlwide).

In that case, you choice is easy. :)

Do you have any idea what happened to the Chrysler France Racing webpages?
It was here: French Mopar Owner's Club – Le site du club des amateurs de Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, DeSoto, Imperial, AMC, Jeep
I checked the waybackmachine with no luck, but maybe there is a French equivalent?
There were some great photos there of the 68 and 69 fastbacks in various forms of racing and timed events. They were in FIA stock classes - so tires, wheels and suspension limited to stock.

In that case, you choice is easy. :)

Do you have any idea what happened to the Chrysler France Racing webpages?
It was here: French Mopar Owner's Club – Le site du club des amateurs de Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, DeSoto, Imperial, AMC, Jeep
I checked the waybackmachine with no luck, but maybe there is a French equivalent?
There were some great photos there of the 68 and 69 fastbacks in various forms of racing and timed events. They were in FIA stock classes - so tires, wheels and suspension limited to stock.
Hello I am a member of the French Mopar Owner's club before 10 years. Two years ago, the Web site had become too old and obsolete and we changed formula. Unfortunately we lost many articles of team Chrysler France Racing webpages. Anew ,You can find them here:French Mopar Owner's Club • Afficher le sujet - MOC.... Les origines

Last edited:
Hello I am a member of the French Mopar Owner's club before 10 years. Two years ago, the Web site had become too old and obsolete and we changed formula. Unfortunately we lost many articles of team Chrysler France Racing webpages. Anew ,You can find them here:French Mopar Owner's Club • Afficher le sujet - MOC.... Les origines
Thank you. I'm sorry those were lost. They nicely summarized each year of racing from 1970-75. I'll look through the forum you linked to. Maybe some of the photographs are there.

If I recall correctly, Henri Chemin may have owned one of the fastback Barracudas, and the other may have been owned by an executive at Simca-Chrysler.

Thank you. I'm sorry those were lost. They nicely summarized each year of racing from 1970-75. I'll look through the forum you linked to. Maybe some of the photographs are there.

If I recall correctly, Henri Chemin may have owned one of the fastback Barracudas, and the other may have been owned by an executive at Simca-Chrysler.

It is exact. What is incredible on this video it is that the car traffic was not blocked. The hémicuda doubles and meets other car.

If this a distraction to your thread, we can start a new one. :) I do think you will be happy with the larger than stock front sway bar.

At the end of the video - that is the image that was in the original article on your club's website. The fastback is in the top left corner. Maybe the person who created the article still is in the club?
In the video around 2:14, one of the fastbacks can be seen - it has a 1968 hood. There was another fastback. I forget the details, but one or both recieved a 1969 update. Someone had a nice thread on moparts with lots of photos - also now gone. :(

My recollection is that there were five cars employed by Chrysler France.
1968 Barracuda, 383 cid v-8,
1969 Barracuda, 383 cid v-8,
1970 'Cuda (Hemi-Cuda), 426 cid v-8,
1970 or 71 'Cuda, 440 cid v-8,
1970 'Cuda, 305 cid v-8 - later changed (former Trans-am race car)

Here is a photo of the '69 383 car from wikipedia (fr). Maybe taken before Chrysler France support:
PH-18w.jpg

Some more of the missing photos here :)
Bernard Fiorentino - Page : 25 - Histoires du sport automobile - FORUM Sport Auto
Maybe you have to translate for us? :) Again, maybe in a new thread - although it is suspension related. :)

This photo was a favorite with both fastbacks on a paved track. Your new sway will reduce the roll more than the originals that were mandated by the rules for the catagory these cars were racing in.
img-3018727f63.jpg

With additional roll resistance in the front, the car is less likely to oversteer (the back sliding out as the lead car is doing). More likely to have the front wheels slide first - we call it understeer and it is generally safer.

Last edited:
If this a distraction to your thread, we can start a new one. :) I do think you will be happy with the larger than stock front sway bar.

At the end of the video - that is the image that was in the original article on your club's website. The fastback is in the top left corner. Maybe the person who created the article still is in the club?
In the video around 2:14, one of the fastbacks can be seen - it has a 1968 hood. There was another fastback. I forget the details, but one or both recieved a 1969 update. Someone had a nice thread on moparts with lots of photos - also now gone. :(

My recollection is that there were five cars employed by Chrysler France.
1968 Barracuda, 383 cid v-8,
1969 Barracuda, 383 cid v-8,
1970 'Cuda (Hemi-Cuda), 426 cid v-8,
1970 or 71 'Cuda, 440 cid v-8,
1970 'Cuda, 305 cid v-8 - later changed (former Trans-am race car)

Here is a photo of the '69 383 car from wikipedia (fr). Maybe taken before Chrysler France support:
View attachment 1715112933

Some more of the missing photos here :)
Bernard Fiorentino - Page : 25 - Histoires du sport automobile - FORUM Sport Auto
Maybe you have to translate for us? :) Again, maybe in a new thread - although it is suspension related. :)

This photo was a favorite with both fastbacks on a paved track. Your new sway will reduce the roll more than the originals that were mandated by the rules for the catagory these cars were racing in.
View attachment 1715112934
With additional roll resistance in the front, the car is less likely to oversteer (the back sliding out as the lead car is doing). More likely to have the front wheels slide first - we call it understeer and it is generally safer.
What you tell me is very interesting because I admit not know very well the story of the team chrysler France. You know more than me. I can inform with the members if you want more details.
Your researches are already very complete.
Google Traduction (
Tell me if there are any badly translated sentences.)
1511220951-team-chrysler.jpg

Last edited:
What you tell me is very interesting because I admit not know very well the story of the team chrysler France. You know more than me. I can inform with the members if you want more details.
Your researches are already very complete.
Asking your members would be very helpful. My information only scratches the surface. ( I hope that idiom translates.) There was at least one person who met and interviewed many of the drivers and sponsers. If we can get the information back on the web in French, we can work on translation after that. It would be easier that way.
Google Traduction (
Tell me if there are any badly translated sentences.)
View attachment 1715112952
Very interesting. Rear tires flat or almost flat would certainly contribute to oversteer!
As far as translation. Its pretty understandable considering that computer translators have difficulties with slang, idioms, and technical jargon. AJ/FormS probably can do a better check on the translation. I might make slight changes as follows:
...H. Chemin at the wheel (or driving) is ahead in the Hemicuda. Behind him are the Barracudas of Moga and Geral who are engaged in a fierce duel.

Geral was another regular driver for Chrysler France and drove on other occassions. Moga's name I do not remember - but that means nothing. He may have been an important member of the team - I just don't know. Another famous driver of these cars was the lovely Marie Laurent. I don't think she ever drove the A-bodies, but at least several races using one of the e-bodies.

Asking your members would be very helpful. My information only scratches the surface. ( I hope that idiom translates.) There was at least one person who met and interviewed many of the drivers and sponsers. If we can get the information back on the web in French, we can work on translation after that. It would be easier that way.
Very interesting. Rear tires flat or almost flat would certainly contribute to oversteer!
As far as translation. Its pretty understandable considering that computer translators have difficulties with slang, idioms, and technical jargon. AJ/FormS probably can do a better check on the translation. I might make slight changes as follows:
...H. Chemin at the wheel (or driving) is ahead in the Hemicuda. Behind him are the Barracudas of Moga and Geral who are engaged in a fierce duel.

Geral was another regular driver for Chrysler France and drove on other occassions. Moga's name I do not remember - but that means nothing. He may have been an important member of the team - I just don't know. Another famous driver of these cars was the lovely Marie Laurent. I don't think she ever drove the A-bodies, but at least several races using one of the e-bodies.
I found other document but you must be login for acced:Autodiva - Page d’index
1511265271-autodiva-login.png

-
Back