1968 Dodge Dart Side Marker Lights

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
hi all...you guys are the greatest. You helped me w/ my 1968 Dodge Dart 270 SL-6 concerning headlights and my fuel gauge. I will post my t/s'g w/ my fuel gauge and use of a 5VDC power supply and external fuel gauge (pretty slick I think).

Now I just noticed that my driver side marker lights do not fit flush to the body. After discussion w/ my peers I understand their are 2 types of side marker lights.....curved and straight. My body style has a slight curve so I need "curved" right??? The passenger side fit is OK but I can't tell if they are curved or straight. If straight what Chrysler model do they go on for year 1968????

Also amber lens in the front and red in the back....right?

thx again....great forum and people. Appreciate the sharing of knowledge.

The Dart side markers sit right on the body line, so yes on the curved. I'm not 100% on what takes the straight, possibly all but the Dart. And your correct on the colors.

The Dart side markers sit right on the body line, so yes on the curved. I'm not 100% on what takes the straight, possibly all but the Dart. And your correct on the colors.
Thx a lot.....we have straight mounted, that is why a gap exists at the top. Will swap out and make the car pretty and authenticate again. Have a great day

my dart 270
Brattleboro, vt

Dodge dart and Dodge Charger used the same side markers.....all other cars with the round marker used the flat

Dodge mounted them high and on charger and dart they landed on a body line. If you notice any 68 Plymouth had them mounted lower, in line with the bumpers and all used the flat. Even the dodge Coronet had them mounted high but did not land on a body line like dart and charger so they also used the flat.

7400301-1968-dodge-charger-std-c.jpg

528641-1000-0@2x.jpg

8538_6ebade87ec_low_res.jpg

547281-1000-0@2x.jpg

-
Back