-
Status
Not open for further replies.

spudsterier

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I think its time to sell my project car.
I dont have time for it anymore (wife wants another kid)
I will try to be as honest and complete as i can in the description.
Located in mendota, il
Im not sure on a price to list so im gonna throw up $3500. Make me offers
68 plymouth valiant 2 door post car.
360 4 barrel. 727 trans. 8 3/4" sure grip

Body:
Original 1/4's and rocker panels in great shape. No through rust.
Drivers door and front pasenger fender have been replaced. They dont have the holes in them for the side trim
Passenger floor pan rusted out, it was fiberglassed for a temp. Fix.
Paint was new about 5 years ago. Semi-gloss black. Needs a good buffing.
All glass is good. Windshield was replaced with a NOS chrysler windshield that i found sitting in the back of a glass shop. Owner of the shop said it has been there since about 1969. Windshield is not mounted in the car. Needs a new gasket. There are a couple chips around the edge of it, but the gasket will cover it.
Chroms is all in good shape. Interior and exterior door handles are new. I have all the exterior trim that goes down the side of the car except for the drivers door.

Interior:
Carpet in new, havent had time to completely install it but it is in the process.
Dash is in good shape.
Dash pads are junk. I was going to wrap them in carbon fiber but havent had time to complete them.
New repo arm rests.
Automatic column shift
Wood grain steering wheel. Metal spokes are a little rough
Have a new headliner, just needs installed
Dash wiring install needs to be finished.
One of the levers on the heater control is broken, so the controls are not in the dash.

Engine:
360 originally from a 1974 dodge ambulance van.
36,000 original miles
New timing set
Chrome oil pan
Summit headers
2.5" true duals with thrush welded mufflers
Edelbrock 650 4 barrel carb
Mopar performance electronic ignition and distributor (brand new)
Crane cams ignition coil
Perma cool flex fan
Chrome air cleaner
M/T valve covers
Mini starter (from a dakota) brand new
Brand new alternator
New fuel pump

Carb needs to be tuned
I hear a slight tick in the top end. I think it might be a sticky lifter from the engine sitting for a long time.

727 trans from the same van the engine came from

Suspension:
Brand new KYB gas adjust shocks on all 4
Front sway bar
Rear brakes are not installed but i do have them
Car has rear wheel spacers/adapters on it to adapt to big bolt pattern
Rear axle is an 8 3/4 with a 3.23 sure grip. Has the less desirable 7 series case.
Wheels are 18" fittapaldi

I also have very nice front and rear bench seats for the car that match the door panels.
All the headliner bows
Visors
Brownish seat belts
And a bunch of misc. Interior parts
And more stuff

What is for sure needed to finish the car other then assembly"
Driveshaft
Tires
Dash pads
Windshield gasket
Front disc brakes
Radiator
Rear deck cover
Sail panels
And a few other minor things. But im sure i might be missing some stuff

Any questions please ask.
I need it gone soon

Pics are from when it was somewhat clean. Has alot of dust on it now.
I can get as many pics as needed to make sure that neither of us will be wasting our time.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

20121209_125845.jpg

20121209_125918.jpg

Thanks.
I also forgot, the bumpers are a little beat up and the fuel tank need to be dropped and cleaned.
When i run this car, i use a fuel line that i have connected to the fuel pump and shove it in a gas can

Also, the front wheels are not super secure on the car. They are really on the to move it around the garage. As it sits it has front rotors mounted on drum spindles.

I also have a new master cylinder, complete rear drum brake setup with backing plates, shoes, and drums, great chrome windshield trim, a whole tub full of shifter and kickdown linkage, and some other stuff.

Make me offers

The car is pending until the 5th. It wouldnt take much to completely finish it.
The longer it sits here, the more I wanna just keep it, but I really would hate for it to sit for a few more years.

The car is pending until the 5th. It wouldnt take much to completely finish it.
The longer it sits here, the more I wanna just keep it, but I really would hate for it to sit for a few more years.

Now now spud don't get all sentimental on me!!!! Ha ha just playing with ya a little bit. I'll be there Saturday hopefully by 1230.

Looking forward to finally meeting you in person!!

Glue Man

Now now spud don't get all sentimental on me!!!! Ha ha just playing with ya a little bit. I'll be there Saturday hopefully by 1230.

Looking forward to finally meeting you in person!!

Glue Man

Well I will be home all day saturday. You will have to look around and see if there is anything else you want.

Im only sentimental about this car because I had so many plans for it. Unfortunately I have way too many hobbies right now.
Ive had a lot of projecr cars, and this was supposed to be one of the best ones, but I just have so much other stuff that I would rather do.
The project car that I had right before this one was a 400hp 98 neon r/t. With the time and money I had into that car, if I would have got the valiant before that neon, then the valiant would have ended up the way I really wanted with a 6.1 hemi, kenny bell supercharger, and a full carbon fiber interior with recaro seats front and rear.
Unfortunately a poor experience with the neon and on the day I finished that car, was the same day that me and my wife got pink slips from our employer.......so things change

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back