[Found!] 1969 big block chrome Valve covers stock

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for 69 big block chrome valve covers. Correct one . Original wire tabs and hold downs. Mint or new . Thanks
I have chrome ones but none are pairs. I believe 3 passenger side. And 1 driver side are chrome however the driver side is a repop moroso one. The passenger side are original

Good luck!

Think I would get some 69 pieces from AMD and send them out for Chrome. Then dip/treat the holders in plasticote.

I used 67/68 covers that were already chromed. My 69 had no hole (dimple only) for the heater hose bracket on the inner fender and decided to go that way and use the 67/68 bracket on the cover for the hose routing. AMD has these.

image.jpeg

I need some right now. Thanks for the info.

I searched for over a year for the 69 pieces and got nothing but junk that would have be to rechromed and worked hard. AMD has fixed the issues with early pieces so if you are in a rush and want nice chrome you have an option.

1400 sets or so were made right? How many decent originals left?

Edit: guess I forget about Darts. Good luck!

Last edited:
like these? i know these are not perfect but they are not bad. i was thinking they were direct connection but maybe the factory ones? i do not know too much about bb stuff, but i have lots of it for sale for my boss. i am having a hard time finding good info on what is what, and what is desireable.

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

I have a pair of 67-68 chrome covers, correct for GTX and big block A body. Has the provision for the heater hose bracket. I have the in my solvent tank cleaning right now so I won't be able to get a pic until Sunday. Busy with the auctions right now. If interested PM me

The one year only blues. Man I have lived it!

Only 383 Darts and 383 Barracuda/'cuda had them.

The one year only blues. Man I have lived it!

Only 383 Darts and 383 Barracuda/'cuda had them.
I believe 67-69 factory BB darts and barracudas all came from factory with the same chrome valve covers. There are more out there than you think. I didn't think 69 was any different than 67 or 68? Maybe others could chime in?

I believe 67-69 factory BB darts and barracudas all came from factory with the same chrome valve covers. There are more out there than you think. I didn't think 69 was any different than 67 or 68? Maybe others could chime in?
As I was writing this I forgot there was an exception. I believe that factory m code a bodies had painted covers because they came with 440's not 383's.

69 passenger side was 1 year only. Yes all three years of 383 were chrome. 69 440 were Hemi Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back