1969 DART CUSTOM FULL RESTORATION

-
Got the car back to the shop this evening and bolted the doors and deck lid on.

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

Well... glad I didn't doubt my painter. It all matches well and metallic is flowed out the same. I can't wait to get it wet blocked then polished but I think I'll hire that out. I'm tired of sanding and need a break.
Wow paint looks awesome!! Too bad I dont live in Kansas 'cause I would love to cut/rub that beautiful F8 for you.

Looking good, and fast too. Ive had my 67 since 2008, its in paint and body jail in my own home shop. I have no time to work on it. With a wife, 4 kids, and a demanding job. I pick at it a little at a time. Oldest just graduated and youngest is going into school so maybe it will get a bit easier soon. Plus i took a 5 day a week position at work instead of the 4 on 3 off i used to have which used to give me 1 day a week to work in it. Maybe i need to ship it up to you lol.

Wow paint looks awesome!! Too bad I dont live in Kansas 'cause I would love to cut/rub that beautiful F8 for you.

Too bad you were closer too. I really don't want to do it all either. Hoping a good friend of mine will do it which is odd for me to ask because I usually don't let anyone do that to my cars lol.

Looking good, and fast too. Ive had my 67 since 2008, its in paint and body jail in my own home shop. I have no time to work on it. With a wife, 4 kids, and a demanding job. I pick at it a little at a time. Oldest just graduated and youngest is going into school so maybe it will get a bit easier soon. Plus i took a 5 day a week position at work instead of the 4 on 3 off i used to have which used to give me 1 day a week to work in it. Maybe i need to ship it up to you lol.

Yeah I'd imagine time is hard to come by at your place. I have a hard enough time finding it with one kid and wife. Good luck on your project!!

Pushed it outside today and finished the hood. Crazy how light it looks outside and near black inside.

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

Very nice! Starting on my 73 duster and doubt I have the skills to complete it like you just did.

Very nice! Starting on my 73 duster and doubt I have the skills to complete it like you just did.

Never hurts to try. There's lots of videos these days that explain how to do things well. Replacing metal came be learned fairly easily, however body filler work takes practice to make straight. I've done a lot of it and my car isn't perfectly straight.

Landon knows mopars are #1!

It amazing the difference of color between sunlight and in the shop.

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

Got all the panels on and gaps are almost where I want them. They sold the place I've been using so I got it loaded up and home.

Got the rear wheels built and they are ready to be painted. I think I'm going to order some mopar 15x5 or 15x6 cop wheels from jegs for the front. Right now the factory wheel is even with the fender and I want them to sit in.

IMG_1835.JPG

Near speechless on your build thread. Amazing work, amazing job on everything. I only wish to have the skills and tools necessary to do what you've done one day. Bravo sir.

Near speechless on your build thread. Amazing work, amazing job on everything. I only wish to have the skills and tools necessary to do what you've done one day. Bravo sir.

Thank you very much! It was way more than I planned on doing but glad I decided to go ahead and paint it. This way I can enjoy it for many years to come!

Finished up 99% of the painting tonight! I'm going to order a set of 15x6 cop wheels for the front and that's all I'll have to paint.

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

Got the 295/50/15 cooper cobra gts mounted today. Wheel Vintiques is building my 15x5 cop wheels for the front as we speak.

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

My son and I stopped by the other night to check out the Dart... It looks just as good in person as it does in the pictures! You are doing a great job my friend you should be very proud of all your work!

My son and I stopped by the other night to check out the Dart... It looks just as good in person as it does in the pictures! You are doing a great job my friend you should be very proud of all your work!

Thank you Jason!!

Got the fatties on and actually like the color matched wheels more than I figured. Now I need to get the black stripe for the back.

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

Damn, that looks killer. What split monoleaf spring ride height did you go with? Stock, -1"?

Thank you! I went with stock and raised my spring relocation up one hole. I can lower it another notch if needed but it sits about right.

Looking really good! I still need to make a trip to Louisburg and check it out for myself.

Got the heater and a/c boxes rebuilt and mounted back in the car. I also got a PM360 blower motor and made a bracket to move it inwards towards the firewall. The motor is a 1/2” smaller in diameter and after I was done I think I shortened the distance extruding out of the firewall by 2-2.5” hope it works whereas I’ve never had an engine in it yet.

5A7E4090-2945-4345-80E0-F954F20E2980.jpeg

1D9931A6-1476-494F-84BA-6E94FF99BBD1.jpeg

CDB9A68F-7414-4A2D-B00A-A5EB8E76D8C6.jpeg

AFECFA64-D6DD-4E6D-8C33-FE5569DD2CD7.jpeg

A18302EF-7915-4901-AC00-B305102023C5.jpeg

-
Back