1969 DART CUSTOM FULL RESTORATION

-

CrOoKs

Reaction score
Hello guys! I am new at posting here but have been researching things on here for the past few months. A friend of mine on here found this 69 dart for me and I decided I wanted to save it! I started off thinking I'd fix the rust areas on the floor and keep the patina, however, the more I got into it I decided now is the time to do a full blown restoration on it so my family can enjoy car shows, etc together. I started on this around December 4th 2016 and I amvery happy with the progress to date!

Here is a short list of my plans though I want to keep it somewhat of a sleeper...

-440/ 4 speed swap approx 475-500HP and probably a 200 shot just for a power number
-TTI Headers
-Stainless v-band clamp exhaust tigged up by myself
-Mini tub with spring relocation
-Black COP wheels with 295's-325's
-Seats are being reupholstered to resemble GT/GTS pattern with a little twist

*I'm currently waiting for every floor part to be shipped from AMD. I've also got a right quarter skin coming.

Thank you for looking and for all the great info on this forum!

Jason Crooks

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_1441.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

Awesome work man its amazing how much you have gotten done in such a short period of time! I know the Dart is going to be killer when you get done with it!

Rear end and trunk out. I will be removing the rest of the floor going down to the rear foot wells. It was an after thought but better now than never. Also, the frame rails Jason gave me!

Hoverboat.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

Rear frame rails.JPG

scrap.JPG

Wow! Great start in only a short time! You're going to have a nice car when your done. I'm also building a 69 Dart Custom that I plan to turn into a ProTouring/Restomod car. Keep up the great work man!

You are awesome man! Have to respect the time, effort and the money needed to restore one of these classics.

You are awesome man! Have to respect the time, effort and the money needed to restore one of these classics.

Thank you sir! Between me being self employed , working part time for another guy, balancing family time with my wife and 4 yr old son I have to squeeze in a couple hours now and then. It can be done just sacrifice sleep!

Few random pics I forgot to post. I epoxy coated the inside of the outer rockers before welding the new inner rockers in. I will also be spraying honey coat inside the rockers once I'm done with the metal work.

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

I highly recommend guys to follow this build! Crooks and I have been friends for many years from the good old high school days. He has built some nice hot rods over the years and none of them were slow!

I highly recommend guys to follow this build! Crooks and I have been friends for many years from the good old high school days. He has built some nice hot rods over the years and none of them were slow!

Thank you Jason! We sure had a lot of fun!

Got the new/used frame rails cut away from the donor car and also got the remainder of the floor removed. Glad I decided to cut it all out as you can tell the inner rockers by the seat bottom are shot!

IMG_2234.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2238.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

I'm surprised how much rust was in the inner rockers! I'll have the shop truck this weekend so I can stop by and haul off some of your scraps to the Mopar shed :D

I'm surprised how much rust was in the inner rockers! I'll have the shop truck this weekend so I can stop by and haul off some of your scraps to the Mopar shed :D

Ha ha ha okay sounds good. I'll be tinkering some in the morning!

Had a couple hours to work on the car this morning so I got the rear frame rails ready to be blasted.

IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_2241.JPG

Last edited:
Not much of an update but frame rails and k member are being media blasted. I ordered everything to rebuild the front end today including new rotors and bearings. Also had some time I blasted the pedal assembly and painted cast iron. I will paint the pedal arms black tomorrow. I ordered all the floor pieces, rear crossmember, tail light supports, trunk inner and outer cross members, both front fenders and a drivers side quarter skin from AMD yesterday. I got the passenger side quarter skin last week.

IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2330.JPG

Majority of the front steering and brake parts came today. I wiped them all down and painted them with cast iron and cleared them. Also cleared the ball joints and bolt hardware. I expoxy coated the rotor hats, outer edges and the inner hub areas to avoid that common nasty flaking rust. I'm sure I'll have to touch things up after getting an alignment but this give you an idea of what I'm expecting.

IMG_2364.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2366.JPG

IMG_2367.JPG

IMG_2368.JPG

-
Back