1969 Dart Front Speaker Dimensions

-

1969DartCustom

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my Dart is in the shop so unfortunately I dont have access to it.

Does anyone know the dimension or distance between the two mouting holes and possible the width of the speaker? I am looking at replacements or creating a mount on CAD and sending it to laser cut or water jet.

I have access to 3D printers as well. If anyone can assist with it, I don't mind sending a bracket or part your way for shipping cost.

Thanks!

I have a speaker adapter and can measure it up for you .

Give me a half hour or so.

ok the "or so" should have been 2 hours. seemed like it was 30 minutes.

I sent you a PM

Last edited:
Speaker is a 4" x 10".
It mounts to a bracket, which in turn mounts to the underside of the dash with bolts whose heads are covered by the defrost vents.

Which dimensions do you need? Hole to hole on the tabs on the ends? Or the holes on the speaker that mount to the bracket?
Speaker_1.jpg

Speaker_2.jpg

Not my picture, but you can see how the bracket mounts to the dash.
summer2011 105 (Large).jpg

thanks for all the help everyone! I was looking for the hole to hole on the mounting tabs, and possibly the width of the speaker itself, I’ve seen brackets that seem a bit offset.

@Dana was able to answer the questions .

I do appreciate the pictures, I was looking at the retro sound speaker but didn’t realize there’s a bracket as well. I thought it was a special speaker with extended mounting tabs ha.

These pictures definitely clarify everything

thanks for all the help everyone! I was looking for the hole to hole on the mounting tabs, and possibly the width of the speaker itself, I’ve seen brackets that seem a bit offset.

@Dana was able to answer the questions .

I do appreciate the pictures, I was looking at the retro sound speaker but didn’t realize there’s a bracket as well. I thought it was a special speaker with extended mounting tabs ha.

These pictures definitely clarify everything
The Retrosound speaker isn't anything special as far as sound quality, but it does have a couple features that are helpful. It can be wired to be an 8 ohm speaker to work with the old radios. Doing this requires losing the stereo feature it has if wired as twin 4 ohm speakers. If you're looking for 4 ohm stereo, you're better off using twin 4" speakers and a homemade adapter. It'll give you much better sound than this speaker.
The Retrosound has a slim profile which helps it fit in a pretty cramped space.

-
Back