1969 Dart Street/Strip (Re)Build

-
Here was a picture we had done professionally last week. She was just over 2 weeks old. Had not really seen a photographer prop an infant like that before but it created such a sweet picture of her.

4B0935E6-7E69-4F08-AC10-68CDFA4A53E2.jpg

Hey Clint, spent the last few weeks reading your story and it's a great one. Congratulations to you and your wife on the baby girl. They grow up so fast.
Turns out we're not far from each other (Topeka) I'm building something similar, 414 w2. I have some questions about your stroker I'll send you later if you don't mind.

Hey Clint, spent the last few weeks reading your story and it's a great one. Congratulations to you and your wife on the baby girl. They grow up so fast.
Turns out we're not far from each other (Topeka) I'm building something similar, 414 w2. I have some questions about your stroker I'll send you later if you don't mind.

Yeah man, shoot me a line sometime

Congrats on the Babay girl dude! shes beautiful! My son will be two in august, I know folks gives you all sorts of advice and such, but trust me when I say, enjoy it as much as you can! they are only little for a blink!!

ThAaKs brother! Congrats on the wee one. Hope she don't keep ya up too much at night.

Where did u get your stripe from? I like the flat black

Keep in touch bro

Yea my baby girl grew up too fast for me. Enjoy her, there's never enough time. Btw, I missed the engine build. 340, 360, or 408?

ThAaKs brother! Congrats on the wee one. Hope she don't keep ya up too much at night.

Where did u get your stripe from? I like the flat black

Keep in touch bro

Thing are going pretty good. She's sleeping 7-9 hours most nights! Got lucky I guess.

The stripe is from member challengergary. I told him what I wanted and designed a couple possibilities and I picked the one I liked.

Yea my baby girl grew up too fast for me. Enjoy her, there's never enough time. Btw, I missed the engine build. 340, 360, or 408?

Yes she's already getting too big!

Motor is 340/417.

Car has still just been sitting in the garage collecting dust. I made it back in town and dusted the car off on Sunday and headed to a charity car show. Ended up winning my class and won some Devils juice prep and 5 gallons of race fuel! Way better than a trophy!

Ugh I don't know what's going on with Photobucket but was going to show a new piece of the build. Please stand by.

4E2E6FE7-DACC-4DEC-BCAD-AD1C5EEC9888.jpg

Holy moly. They want $400 for unlimited 3rd party hosting! Going to have to do something different

yep. Screwed up our whole build threads. There's several threads here about Photobucket.

yep. Screwed up our whole build threads. There's several threads here about Photobucket.
Much like a lot of people , raising there prices for parts, or services out of site. Then they wonder why business falls off, or they go out of business !! One example is subframe connectors, and metal prices. I bought the 2" sq. tubing for my conn. for 18 bucks, metal prices haven`t sky rocketed like all the sellers tell u , it`s good old American greed !

Much like a lot of people , raising there prices for parts, or services out of site. Then they wonder why business falls off, or they go out of business !! One example is subframe connectors, and metal prices. I bought the 2" sq. tubing for my conn. for 18 bucks, metal prices haven`t sky rocketed like all the sellers tell u , it`s good old American greed !
Yep!

It's now been 11 months since I had the Dart to the track. So sad I know. But I added an HVH carb spacer, jetted up a bit, removed most of the interior, removed the exhaust and clicked off a 10.49@128.50 mph. That's 2 mph faster and 3 tenths faster than I've ever been at this track and the air density wasn't good at all. If only I could get a 1.4 60', I could get her touching into the 10.30's. I lost out on the bracket racing though. Got beat by a guy who went 11.1052 on a 11.10 dial (I went 10.55 on a 10.60 dial) and then lost on the buy back with a red light. I ran a 10.6045 that round on my 10.60 dial too. Dang the luck.

It's now been 11 months since I had the Dart to the track. So sad I know. But I added an HVH carb spacer, jetted up a bit, removed most of the interior, removed the exhaust and clicked off a 10.49@128.50 mph. That's 2 mph faster and 3 tenths faster than I've ever been at this track and the air density wasn't good at all. If only I could get a 1.4 60', I could get her touching into the 10.30's. I lost out on the bracket racing though. Got beat by a guy who went 11.1052 on a 11.10 dial (I went 10.55 on a 10.60 dial) and then lost on the buy back with a red light. I ran a 10.6045 that round on my 10.60 dial too. Dang the luck.
Look at the good side I got ran over by 2 Semi's in April been screwed all summer I woulda traded for a red light run , I'm getting back slowley least o wasn't in my cuda and it's 1 Semi's fault , not missing any limbs and I'm alive yet , just rattled me real bad. But I survived . Nice times tho

Clint are u coming down next month ?

Look at the good side I got ran over by 2 Semi's in April been screwed all summer I woulda traded for a red light run , I'm getting back slowley least o wasn't in my cuda and it's 1 Semi's fault , not missing any limbs and I'm alive yet , just rattled me real bad. But I survived . Nice times tho

Dang man! Glad you made it out of that ordeal. Scary stuff!

Clint are u coming down next month ?

Yep I'm planning on it.

Clint - are you still running the tri-4 link? How do you like it? Does it hook?

Clint - are you still running the tri-4 link? How do you like it? Does it hook?

It hooks ok but isn't set up correctly. The upper bars need to be adjustable to take advantage of it. I've had a 1.48 60' but it should be better than that. Getting that all taken care of over the winter with a whole new rear end, mounts, everything.

Awesome ride man! Just went through build. And congrats on birth of your daughter. :)

-
Back