-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ns1rm21

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Hello. What we have here is a 1969 Dodge Dart 340 Swinger. She has matching number engine, trans, carburetor and Radiator. She has the original fender tag and the original build sheet. This car has 66670 original miles on it and I know for a fact that she has been sitting for over twenty years untouched. This car has 60% of the original paint. There is the usual rust in the trunk, small amount in the passengers fender and a two inch spot below the passengers door. I have a very nice fender that I will include with the car if you like. The body does have some dings and dents but nothing that needed to be addressed now. The interior is very nice...perfect headliner, very nice dash pad and even the chrome on the bezels are all in "good" condition. The seats do have some rips in it but was fixed using tape. It looks good for now but needed to be replaced later. The car is an original "rubber floor mat" car...this car did not come with carpet. This mat is in "Very Good" condition if not "Perfect" condition. It really looks nice and is a very rare option. As for options there is a few but not many on this muscle car. She does have Power Brakes, Power Steering, Light Package, AM radio. 3.23 rear end gear, Vinyl Top and Tail Stripe. The original Fender Tag and build Sheet all shows this but I did add the disc brakes and Mopar Performance electronic ignition....more on that later.

All the fuel system was clean and flushed. New fuel pump and inlet sock was used along with the gas tank was cleaned out. The original carburetor was rebuilt and looks and runs better than new. All the freeze plugs were rusted out so I pulled the engine to replace them. When I had the engine out I pulled the pan and intake. There was some slug and gunk in the engine so I decided to go through the whole thing and freshen it up. I used the original pistons, rods, crank and camshaft. I honed the cylinders and reinstalled the original pistons. I then installed new Total Seal rings. All the pistons had .001 to .0015 clearance...well within factory specs. I installed new main and rod bearings and checked the clearances. They were all within factory spec. The factory original heads were treated to a valve job and new seals. Decks were checked and looked real good. A light cut was done for good head gasket seal. The original cam looked perfect so it was reused. A new Cloyes double roller timing chain was installed along with new oil pump, water pump, ARP rod bolts and FelPro gaskets used through out. New oil sending unit, fuel filter, fan clutch, air filter and factory air cleaner was used. I wanted this engine to look just like it did when it left the factory. I even coated the original 340 exhaust manifolds to give it that "factory" look. She looks as good as she runs!!

As for the trans....that was simple. I replaced the seals, trans filter and gasket. She shifts smooth yet firm. There was nothing else needed to do to the factory numbers trans. I replaced the speedo cable because I broke it...my bad!!

When I had the engine and trans out I was looking at the front suspension and found that the lower balljoints had some wear. I decided to tear it all down and replace everything that I thought was questionable. I replaced the upper and lower ball joints. The upper and lower control arm bushings. The tie rod ends, idler and pitment arm looking perfect so they were left alone. I did install all new boots on everything to seal everything up. During the rebuild I detailed all the parts for a factory looking finish. Not only is the front suspension works perfectly but everything has a finish on it that will last for years to come.

One of the non original things I did add was a set of factory four piston disc brakes. The car came with original 10" drum brakes....well they suck. LOL!! I rebuilt a set of factory calipers and installed a freshly turned rotors along with new pads. The rear brakes look good but I did install a new set of shoes just for kicks. This car runs, handles, drives and stops very, very well. This car has it all!!

So there you have it. A rare factory muscle car that has all the hard stuff done to it for you....engine, trans, front suspension and brakes all done to a very high standard. The interior and wiring has been gone through and is working perfectly and is very presentable. The exterior has its issues but nothing needed to be done today or tomorrow.....do it when your ready or just enjoy it as it is. It's up to you.

If you want to see the type of work I do just pick up an issue of July 2012 of Mopar Collector Guide. I built the "As Delivered" Hemi Dart in the issue. I can honestly say this....the same care went into this car as did the Hemi car. I take a lot of pride in my work and it does not matter if I build a car to sell or to keep....the quality of the work is the same.

So there you have it. A car that looks very nice from ten feet away. Here are some options that you have if you buy this car. You can:

A) Get this car and drive it just as she is. She needs nothing today....drive it and enjoy with out the worries of a freshly painted car.
B) Drive this car and then when your ready do weekend things to it. One weekend replace the seat covers.....next week detail the hubcaps, you know, the little jobs that all cars need.
C) Send it to the body shop and get it painted and do a complete restoration on it.

Thanks for reading and happy bidding.

This car is sold with no warranty and is sold as is.

Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer but I will do all that I can to help.

I'm very sorry but I will only sell this car to somebody that is here in the lower 48 states. I somebody outside of the 48 states will like to but it...let me know before you bid and we will try to figure something out.

Please Pm me here for more info.

Car is in Simi Valley California.

Im asking $13,500 OBO.

Attachments

• 69 is done (32).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 6,500
  • 1969 Dart 014.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,983
  • dart pics 3 052.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 6,538
  • 69 is done (19).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 6,020
  • 1969 Dart 4 008 (36).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 5,994
  • dart pics 3 054.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 6,036
  • dart pics 3 045.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 6,046
  • dart pics 3 050.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 8,693
  • 7287140-TroyDart7_5_12Pic5.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 6,461
  • 69 is done (21).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 6,048
I remember this car when a fellow car club member bought from the original owner who was a older lady in Burbank, CA 20 years ago! That clubmember just bought it so someone in our Mopar club could own a sweet unmolested 340 Swinger that would appreciate it. He had to sell it quick to just to make rent.

I got a ride/drive around with Troy last weekend in the car. I just wanted to check out the car I remembered back when. Man, what a tight car! Still has the original Valley Dodge dealer frames on it even. I wouldn't be afraid to drive it to Ontario Canada!

It is a fun car!! You can get in this car and drive it anywhere!! I would have no problem driving this car from California to Florida!! Heck, this car even has a $350.00 Radiator in it and runs cool as can be!! It;s getting to the point were it might be hard to let this one go!!

Attachments

• dart pics 2 018.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 5,626
  • dart pics 2 013.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 5,681
  • 1969 Dart 4 008 (10).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 5,675
  • dart pics. 047.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8,099
  • dart pics. 057.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 5,667
"This car has 60% of the original paint. There is the usual rust in the trunk, small amount in the passengers fender and a two inch spot below the passengers door. I have a very nice fender that I will include with the car if you like. The body does have some dings and dents but nothing that needed to be addressed now..."

In addition to this - does the roof (because the vinyl top cars seem to trap moisture in places) have any rot / soft spots / rust bubbles / any rust lurking under the vinyl roof area?

"In addition to this - does the roof (because the vinyl top cars seem to trap moisture in places) have any rot / soft spots / rust bubbles / any rust lurking under the vinyl roof area?

Does not appear to have any rust under the top. The top was replaced and is still in real nice shape. I see no rust bubbles popping up anywhere.

I will try and post some pictures of the top tomorrow.

Thanks for asking.

I have had a few questions on the engine so let me touch base on that for a minute. The engine only has 66K miles on it but there was sludge in the engine so I wanted to go through it an make it like new. All the original pistons were in real nice shape and after honing the cylinders there was .001 to .0015 clearance..PERFECT!! I used Total Seal rings for fast brake in and a good seal. Rod and main bearings were replaced and the clearance were also real good. Rod bearings were .001 to .0015 and the mains were .0025. The cam and lifters looked good so I just reused them. I did not want to deal with braking in a new cam. Cloyes double roller timing chain and a new oil pump was also used. Heads also looked good. Valve stem clearance was good so a valve job, new seals and shimmed the springs put everything back to stock specs. When everything was done I reinstalled the windage tray and she was good to go.

Any question...just ask!!

Attachments

• dart pics. 030.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 5,258
  • dart pics. 018.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 7,610
  • dart pics. 020.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 5,231
  • dart pics. 029.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 5,271
  • dart pics. 032.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 5,292
  • dart pics. 037.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 5,319
  • dart pics. 045.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 5,298
  • dart pics. 024.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 5,300
  • dart pics. 007.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 5,334
  • dart pics. 010.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 5,306
Any updates and close - up photos of the condition of the roof, sail panel, and all pillars? Just wondering if there is any rust lurking under the roof, or within those areas. Many vinyl roof cars end up with rot, rust bubbles, blisters and need metal replacement/patches installed because of the rust started by trapped moisture and dirt in those areas.

Also is the roof / rear quarter panel weld seam line on either side of the car located at the drivers and passenger side (where the upper part of the full quarter panel attaches to the roof) plainly visible? Is that line smooth and blended properly like the it was when the car left the factory?

Any close-up high rez photos of those areas in the roof / quarters etc. are greatly appreciated.

I have had some good offers but she is still for sale. I'm open for trades....up or down as well.

Let me remind you that this car needs nothing today. You can buy this car and drive it as is. Later on in life if you wanted to to paint it or play with it you can.

Here is another fun fact about this car. How many cars do you know of that have matching number OIL PAN??? That is correct!! When this car was made the factory missed the engine block and hit the oil pan rail. You can see, plain as day all of the tops of the numbers. Just another thing that makes this car very unique.

Here are a few pictures and you can see for yourself.

Attachments

• dart pics. 043.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 7,079
  • dart pics. 042.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4,724
  • dart pics. 041.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4,747
  • 69 is done (19).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 4,718
Any updates and close - up photos of the condition of the roof, sail panel, and all pillars? Just wondering if there is any rust lurking under the roof, or within those areas. Many vinyl roof cars end up with rot, rust bubbles, blisters and need metal replacement/patches installed because of the rust started by trapped moisture and dirt in those areas.

Also is the roof / rear quarter panel weld seam line on either side of the car located at the drivers and passenger side (where the upper part of the full quarter panel attaches to the roof) plainly visible? Is that line smooth and blended properly like the it was when the car left the factory?

Any close-up high rez photos of those areas in the roof / quarters etc. are greatly appreciated.

??

Is this car sold? If not, please answer the previous post questions, and if possible please post close-up high rez. photos of the requested areas as well as the rusted areas in the passenger front lower fender, the rockers, etc.

Thanks.

Hi there. I'm sorry but I was out of town for the last two week and and the service was very poor.

The vinyl top has been replaced many years ago. The top is in very good shape...no rips or lifting of any type. There is no signs of rust under the vinyl top at all. Here are the pictures of the top.

Attachments

• 1969Dart8_5pic18.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 4,428
  • 1969Dart8_5pic13.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 4,409
  • 1969Dart8_5pic11.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 4,382
  • 1969Dart8_5pic05.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 4,425

Looking at the area that your talking about all looks very good. Running your hand over the roof/quarter panel seem there seems to be no flaws in that area.

Looking from the inside of the trunk, up into the B pillars look good as well. There is some surface rust were there was no paint applied but I don't see any rust holes at all.

Here are some pictures of inside the trunk looking up into the B pillar

Attachments

• 1969Dart8_5pic01.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 4,289
  • 1969 Dart 008 108.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 4,310
  • 1969 Dart 008 103.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 4,303
  • 1969 Dart 008 102.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 4,355
  • 1969 Dart 008 101.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 4,361
Here are a few pictures of the rust. She does need a new spare tire well but only the well. The panel AMD sells has enough metal around the well to fix everything needed. The side extensions are very sound on both inside and out.

Here are a few more pictures of the fender, lower rocker and trunk floor..

....almost forgot. The car comes with a real nice extra fender if you want it.

Attachments

• 1969Dart8_5pic22.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 4,172
  • 1969Dart8_5pic21.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 4,152
  • 1969Dart8_5pic23.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 4,129
  • 1969Dart8_5pic20.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 4,138
Thread is all cleaned up. If you have a question about price please PM Troy. Do not post comments about the price in the thread,

Hello everybody. I just had a good run on Ebay and had a lot of interest in this car. But with everything being the way it is it is time to lower the price. What about $11,750. I will let her go at that as long as it goes to a good home.

So there it is $11,750

Troy

I might give it some thought, but i would like to add some comfy buckets and a console from 2006 Charger , but add some TTI headers and a MSD fuel injection unit. oh also change the color to limelight and sidestripe like that DMCL charger.:burnout: it would be going to a good home and be a real standout.:happy2:

w2360duster your right that car needs a lot of help,no matter how much happy gas he pumped its still a brown coluum shift auto those kind of cars didnt get the nickname (stick around brown) for nothing.

Andy....I see you have not changed a bit.....:finga:

She is sold!! Off to her new home in KS.

Thanks everybody!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back