1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
Does anyone know what is correct from the front of the radiator support behind the grill, black or body color?
from my research, if you got the blacked out Grill then the radiator support and buckets were painted black otherwise no Black out treatment was applied.

Anybody have pics of the radiator support blacked out?
2520resto%2520thread%2Fpost%2520301%2F10686842_723835901032120_4454606800131078316_n_zpscbcfzwoa.jpg

hp?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi114.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn248%2Feldubb440%2Fdartgrille2_zps4d1097de.jpg

hp?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi114.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn248%2Feldubb440%2Fdartgrille1_zpse9380042.jpg

Thanks! I am on the fence about painting or not. The white will really show through the grill. I am not sure I like that. Maybe I should try it without painting and see if it bothers me. What do you mean by if you got the blacked out grill? Like the GTS grill?
Agreed, Try it first and see how you like it.. ultimately its your ride.
Yes, my understanding if you had the Black grill like the GT/GTS on the Darts the radiator support and buckets were blacked out to enhance the affect.

Every mopar in the 60's I have seen was blacked out in the factory., regardless of model. my 65 thru 77 models, plymouth dodge and Chrysler are original and all are painted black. it had something to do with the Manufacturer being told the reflection could be a distraction in the rear view mirror to the car ahead when approaching someone from the rear.

Does anyone have a 2 speed wiper motor Ballast resistor? I can't find one and mine broke. If not, do you know the part number or name?

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 8.10.38 PM.png

I have a few motors, and will look at them tomorrow. pretty sure the resistors are on them. beautiful car by the way, I also have a 69' GTS.

OK, who is the Guy in the trunk? he looks like he is enjoying himself!

By the way, I was busy parting out a 66' Coronet Today, but I will look for those wiper Motors Tomorrow!

I should be happy having two of the most knowledgeable and skilled Dart/Mopar guys helping me realize my dream. I am learning a ton too. Hopefully I can build something for my boy similar too this but not this. Ha

-
Back