1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
There they are all bolted up. They adjust up pretty far which is good for the street. But i want to be able to hang them on the bumper when im passing potholes.

But on the plus side everything lines up nicely and bolted up with no probs so ik everythign is welded straight, or i did it all crooked togeather hahahahahhaah.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 280
Off to the body shop

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 236
Whatcha getting done at the body shop?

A little of everything. New paint. Hole getting cut in hood. Windshields getting put back in. And all panels are getting lined up nice nice.

A little of everything. New paint. Hole getting cut in hood. Windshields getting put back in. And all panels are getting lined up nice nice.

Oh man sounds good. Guess she'll be down for a while then huh

Oh man sounds good. Guess she'll be down for a while then huh

Yea but it's planned. I'm going on "vacation" for the next few months so I won't be home to miss it.

And on the plus side this should be the last big ticket item for the car so I can stop punching my bank account in the face hahahaha

But it should come back not looking like a scumbag anymore and I can go to car shows and park next to u

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 216
Yea but it's planned. I'm going on "vacation" for the next few months so I won't be home to miss it.

And on the plus side this should be the last big ticket item for the car so I can stop punching my bank account in the face hahahaha

But it should come back not looking like a scumbag anymore and I can go to car shows and park next to u

Sounds like you got a good plan going. BTW you could park her next to mine as she is! I don't see much wrong with it. Everyone will be staring at the engine anyway!

I have been following your incredible project for some time.....and waiting for someone to comment, but they never do. I gotta ask.....

Why four identical motors?....or was this done with mirrors?

I have been following your incredible project for some time.....and waiting for someone to comment, but they never do. I gotta ask.....

Why four identical motors?....or was this done with mirrors?

Thanks man. I'm glad that some one of your caliber thinks I have a cool project, means a lot.

But I don't understand the motor thing haha? Four identical motors?

back at you.....I am a fellow Mopar hot rodder, and like you, I love every minute of it.

the four motor reference is on page 5...post 113 , 114.

back at you.....I am a fellow Mopar hot rodder, and like you, I love every minute of it.

the four motor reference is on page 5...post 113 , 114.

I see what your saying, I sent my engine to Big Als Toybox to get the blower put on and dynoed and all that. That's them doing to work. Just so happend that there were 2 other guys getting the same thing done at the same time. That's y there are 3.

Great dude and prices are too bad. Even for us Mopar guys.

Only thing is my engine was purple and he would not keep it that way, he said it pisses him off when he makes orange engines for Chevy guys and the blower heat turns the orange into burnt brown color.

I think if I'm paying for the machining to the engine I should get any color I want. In hind sight you can't see the bottom half anyway.

Makes sense.....I just thought you might be planning on puffing a few......WFO

Makes sense.....I just thought you might be planning on puffing a few......WFO

Lol only thing I plan on smoking is my rear tires and allllll the 4 cyl rice my gas money can afford.

I was thinking about getting custom plates that said " NO4CYL " or " RICELOL" or something like that

Lol only thing I plan on smoking is my rear tires and allllll the 4 cyl rice my gas money can afford.

I was thinking about getting custom plates that said " NO4CYL " or " RICELOL" or something like that

I'm not a big fan of hater garb.

Promote yourself, your car etc. Not by knocking others down. I see a 4cyl or 6 cyl car with anti V8 lingo on it and it accomplishes nothing but alienation in the sport.

My 2 cents.

I'm not a big fan of hater garb.

Promote yourself, your car etc. Not by knocking others down. I see a 4cyl or 6 cyl car with anti V8 lingo on it and it accomplishes nothing but alienation in the sport.

My 2 cents.

Oooohhh no, im no hater, ima car guy through and through. Have you seen travis pastranas 2015 dart or ken blocks ford fesista they are 600hp monsters!

But those cars with the card board spoilers and ultra high fake hood scoops, or put the 12" rims on with the ultra camber and brag about how their 60hp car can corner like a F1 gold cup car.

:wack::wack: i dont think anyone are fans of those.

I do agree when it is a awesome car, but other guys brand Loyalty will make him talk crap about it, thats just childish.

I was also thinking about " MRNORM " or " MOPWR " , " 69 GSS" also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 147
something almost for got to post. this is the rendering for the GSS strip i'm putting on the car. she is a REAL H Code car!. bbbuuuttt I LOVE the GSS so i'm putting the GSS stripe on the car.

will purists hate me for it? probably, but I think they will be even more mad when they find out it is a H code car and see that I chopped it all up. but the original trans and engine and just about everything else was long gone by the time my uncle got the car.

Plus Mr. Norm did make GSS's in 1969, but when Dodge put in their own big block more people got them from dealerships.

Black was too dark, and white was just too loud, but silver...perfect!

View attachment Dart stripe.jpg

Bought a custom fit car cover. Hope I measured everything right lol but it's a bad *** cover for sure. Saw it on the project big time dart they build on muscle car on the power block. The lime light green 70 something dart.

The one I got should fit around the blower wing parachute and wheelie bars

Bright yellow car cover came in the mail finialy

image.jpeg

As far as I kno I'm then only one to make this stripe again. I'm going to make it dodge Daytona size though

image.jpeg

Sweet man! That ought to look good!

Thanks brother. Saw the problems u were having with wilwood sssuuppeerrr gay. I was thinking about getting a set of them Kelsey hayns don't cut the mustard buutt now I'm not so sure.

Like I said I wanted mine bigger then normal. The original is only 8 " wide n I'm making mine 13". I think I may have went too small but it's ok. I think it will b big enough to notice and make u take a second look that it's not a normal gts

image.png

Thanks brother. Saw the problems u were having with wilwood sssuuppeerrr gay. I was thinking about getting a set of them Kelsey hayns don't cut the mustard buutt now I'm not so sure.

The customer service has been very disappointing with Wilwood. I doubt this problem happens that often with the brakes being warped though. Other guys I know run them and no issues so I just seem to be an unlucky guy.

-
Back