1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
interesting, I have used the auger mufflers on two hotrods, I likem ! I welded them 1/2 way into some short roundy round 3 1/2" bullet mufflers on this build, loud , but not too loud, w/ no drone so far !
I'm going to rivet them in so I can take them out at the track.

But I had to have something to cut the noise so I could drive it with out my ears bleeding. Glad they r going to work!

All welded up. Got lucky and made them on the inside. So u can't see em. Nailed the angle too

IMG_0832.JPG

Well... how the F am I going to put exhaust hangers??????

Project for another day

IMG_0833.JPG

You could always turn the clamp towards the inside, might make it less easy to get to but you wouldn't see them as easy. Just my two cents

Oh yea .... guess I forgot to mention that. I will for sure.

I just have it down bc I had it on some bricks supporting the exhaust so I knew where it was going to live.

Still need to figure out how to make exhaust hangers tho......

This might be crude, but you could make an L bracket drill a hole in the rocker lip bolt there and use a bolt from the clamp or make a strap of sort that wraps around the pipe near the clamp and bolt to the lip...All might be to crude just suggestions.

This might be crude, but you could make an L bracket drill a hole in the rocker lip bolt there and use a bolt from the clamp or make a strap of sort that wraps around the pipe near the clamp and bolt to the lip...All might be to crude just suggestions.
I have seen some billet polished alum. exhaust hangars on ebay, were very pretty, but expensive some what.

Kinda hard to see. But there's a block spacer there on the bolts of the band clamp.

I'm thinking I could weld a 5/16 or 7/16 rod to it and the inner frame rail. It would b flexible and removable.

But I'm open to suggestions. That's just a guess

IMG_0834.JPG

Kinda hard to see. But there's a block spacer there on the bolts of the band clamp.

I'm thinking I could weld a 5/16 or 7/16 rod to it and the inner frame rail. It would b flexible and removable.

But I'm open to suggestions. That's just a guess

View attachment 1715015468
how about having regular clamps chromed? I think you'll find that removing the spiral guts won`t make much to any diff, if your exhaust is big enough. I had 3" on my 92, 406 sbc, GMC, didn`t hurt it at all, neither did the 14" k-n air filter. I have full, 31/2" dumped exhaust on the fish , w/ a full header wrap all the way. (just because I had it laying around)

Put the trunk gasket on. Used the 3m weatherstrip stuff... and some binder clips to help hold it

IMG_0839.JPG

Wet on just fine. Now the trunk doesn't wobble when u push on the corners. I hope it keeps the gas fumes in the gerage down now too

IMG_0840.JPG

Got some copper header wrap to help insulate them break lines. Until I can re route them this will be good enough.

IMG_0841.JPG

Don't forget to invite me over to see this car before you leave! Looking fantastic!

Got the cover for the shifter. Don't like the way it looks so I'm c overnight it in leather to make it match

IMG_0864.JPG

I don't wanna spend a lot of time on this so I'll just cut the sides out and sew the top on

IMG_0865.JPG

It's so hard getting the lines straight.... oh what it's because the sifter is not straight. So to help I use paper clips to hold the edges so I can roll them and make it as close to perfict as I can

IMG_0866.JPG

The hardest part for sure is getting the damn cover on. Shift it in like 3rd and park n then turn and bash it with a hammer and it slips right on lol..

I used the shifter for the neutral safety and reverse lights and there is no tunnel for them wires. So I had to bend a tab at the end to make it all fit

IMG_0871.JPG

Well it's official. I have a street legal 1100hp monster.

I've never drive a car with this much power, but I got to drive it home.

It's so! So! Over powered, it's like driving a skateboard with a 360 on the back. Manual steering and brakes with no seat padding. Lol not a comfy ride but it turns heads like a naked chic

IMG_0867.PNG

Hate drilling holes in new paint but now that she has plates she needs plate lights!

IMG_0873.JPG

Got these from superbrightled's they are billet aluminum and nice and bright.

IMG_0875.JPG

-
Back