Status
Not open for further replies.

cudavert

DARTAHOLIC
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Well, here I go.....I've decided to see if I can sell my Dart here. I've had it for many years and have nearly no time to finish it. It is by far the nicest, most rust-free Dart you'll ever find. My plan was to make it a 440 4-speed bench-seat car. This Dart was originally a Western Sport Special with a slant 6 automatic. I believe this car was garaged for most of it's life as there was absolutely no formation of rust under the vinyl top when I removed it, or anywhere else on the body for that matter. The body shop welded up all the holes for the vinyl top trim and side trim, then painted it black. They are located in downtown Los Angeles and I have the receipt. It was painted over 5 years ago. So.....without further ado......the car was originally copper color and original paint when I started.

So....what's included? First off, an NOS 440 shortblock fitted with L2355 TRW forged pistons hung on the stock rods. An NOS "699" oil pan, a big block 11" bellhousing, an A-833 fine-spline 4-speed with a Hurst Competition Plus linkage (bought from Marko Radielovich from Mopar Muscle magazine....was recently rebuilt) H.P. big block exhaust manifolds, MINT stainless steel red-line dogdish hubcaps (paid over $425 on Ebay) a '67~'69 floor shift steering column, 5 steel wheels, painted black, a 8 3/4" 3.23 Sure-grip (probably cone style) rear end, B-body backing plates with NEW B-body brake drums, big block Dodge van downflow radiator (22"..?....I forgot)

The front torsion bars are brand-new .99's and also included are brand-new SS rear leaf springs. The front brakes are '76 Dart and the LCA are '69 sway-bar tab style with new bushing installed. The red seats are freshly done with reproduction covers from YearOne. New carpet in the box. New door panels in the plastic. Red headliner material, brand new. New dash pad. New package tray. New front windshield. Front and rear new rubber for the glass. New front and rear glass trim screw kit. Freshly straightened and rechromed front and rear bumpers. Taillight bezels are beautiful and unpitted, but could probably stand to be rechromed.

What's still needed? A front grille(original is a bit bent), door handles and some rubber on the doors. Will need big pattern rear axles. Factory sport steering wheel is cracked. The trunk seal has already been installed. Price? $12,500. If a perfectly straight, rust-free Dart means everything to you, this is your car. I'm more than happy to show the car.

DCP_0308.jpg

DCP_0309.jpg

DCP_0311.jpg

DCP_0310.jpg

For some reason, my pics haven't loaded well.....these pics above are of the car when I got it, around 2004. Here are more pics of what's included. Also, the COMPLETE 4-speed changeover setup is included and that is with an original, correct Mopar sheetmetal floor hump as well as the little weld-on brace in the driver side wheelwell, and everything else needed to convert. The car may look dusty and dirty, but it's perfect and straight and has never even been outside or washed once......just an accumulation of desert dust as it sleeps inside my garage.

20a6zwl.jpg

muu7bn.jpg

29njk8g.jpg

syovib.jpg

242h7v5.jpg

315diew.jpg

Front and rear floors.....

141tw5z.jpg

vdd2zs.jpg

NOS 440 shortblock......freshly rebuilt 906 heads (with hardened exhaust seats) are included, still in the plastic bag.

2h31ulx.jpg

fp5sg1.jpg

25frdsn.jpg

2gub5zb.jpg

*BUMP!* Make offer. This car must go.....cash is king. No trades. The paint job on this car is flawless. Must see in person.

I don't think this info will help in your sale but hey its a free bump. I think I owned this car in the early nineties. We got it from the original owner in LA through a flipper that needed a 12 bolt chevy rear rebuilt for his Camaro and he traded this car for it. I did the rebuild on his 12 bolt. I need to rummage through my old pictures to see if the plates match.

@ Convdart440: No, at this point it's just a rolling shell with all the parts included. What am I looking to get for it? Well....if possible, I'd like to have someone come out, check it out and make an offer on it, OR if someone is seriously interested from far out, correspond with me and I will send out as many pics as necessary to show the condition of the car.

@ Turbodart68: I'd be really surprised if this is the car you once owned. I don't know why I think that, but.....the guy I bought it from wasn't a car guy at all. But maybe! You just never know! I just found an old '62 corvair on the L.A. Craigslist last week that I sold 22 years ago!! But yeah.....check your old pics! That would be really amazing if it is!!

*Oh yeah, if you notice.....there's 2 different plates on the front and back of the car (when it was first bought/copper colored) That was a little strange. Guess the previous owner was too lazy to change out the front one.

So is the picture with copper color what it looks like or can you post a complete picture or what it looks like now.

It's all gloss black now, like that picture right up there. It's dusty as hell, but I've never washed it or wiped it or touched it. The copper color was (mostly) its original color, original paint. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the side trim has been eliminated also, like the vinyl top....also had the holes welded up before they shot it black.

You're in Hesperia, eh?......cool!

California!!! Sounds more like Canada Eh!!!
I have bought a Cuda from Cudavert and however he describes the car that is exactly how it is, and all work is top notch, eh.

California!!! Sounds more like Canada Eh!!!
I have bought a Cuda from Cudavert and however he describes the car that is exactly how it is, and all work is top notch, eh.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hey, thanks for that, Dave! I know....didn't realize I must've had a little canuck rub off on me from talkin' to ya on the phone. LOL \\:D/

so it kinda sounds like a puzzle that someone has to put together. Sounds like it would be an awesome car when done. What k-member is in it. how where you going to mount the 440 in it. May want to come buy and check it out if that would be cool as I am so close to you. Let me know. Eddie

Yes, a puzzle, but not too bad of a puzzle, because I didn't touch the dash wiring, gauges or heater setup. These cars are fairly simple. It's got the factory slant 6 K-member still. I was planning on ordering the Schumacher mounts for the 440. Just PM me if you want to come by...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back