Not open for further replies.

69GTS340DART

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Edited: 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 4speed
$11,000 price negotiable.

340 Stroker Motor, 4-Speed on the Floor, Runs Low-12’s on Street Tires.
Originally thought to be a GTS, but VIN decodes as a Swinger. Still an awesome MOPAR. The original 340 that spun a bearing isn't in it now but is included with the sale. New McCleod clutch installed last year - the only clutch that can hold the power!

Original body color was gold. It’s straight but needs paint to make it sweet. Interior is tan with bench seats. Seats and visors need recovered. Metal dash is in good shape. Original radio and gauges.

EDITED orignal ad to include more photos and this info:
* Discovered original buyer's sales paperwork in the glove box, but not the build sheet.
* Car has 86k.
* VIN on core support is rusted (photo attached) but VIN on dash matches title and original paperwork.
* VIN decodes as 2-door hardtop, 340 4bbl LA (high performance) engine, 1969, built in Hamtramck MI.
* Round marker lights were added by previous owner. Emblems or other details may have been added.
* 4.11 posi rear in it now
* Disc brakes on the front
* Has headers & 3" exhaust w/Flowmasters
KIMG0261.JPG
KIMG0262.JPG
KIMG0263.JPG
KIMG0264.JPG
KIMG0266.JPG
KIMG0267.JPG
KIMG0268.JPG
KIMG0273.JPG
KIMG0274.JPG
KIMG0275.JPG
KIMG0278.JPG
KIMG0283.JPG
KIMG0284.JPG
KIMG0285.JPG
KIMG0286.JPG
KIMG0291.JPG
Capture+_2016-06-13-19-07-15.png
Capture+_2016-06-13-19-09-39.png

(It's just dirt around the driver's door handle, not rust)
Capture+_2016-06-13-19-18-28.png
Capture+_2016-06-13-19-26-31.png
nmVycpSibb6-nfdNnb9TEslKUonG_qlFSp2w6W2TKtJ-j7fXq_6_8-u9yDKySfvSTzZFnk9v2ZPrb2V1zOd-Dzi_o8Rwv8Hb.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Stevens, PA between Lancaster and Reading. Title VIN is LM23P9B175499. I knew the car 10 years before I got it and I've had it at least 10 years. I was a diehard Chevy guy (you can see my 51 Chevy truck behind the Dart in the one picture). Drove the Dart and had to have it. Bought it after my friend's divorce. The MOPAR friend bought it the way it is, thinking it was a GTS. We didn't know it was a Swinger until last year when I joined this site and discovered that GTS never had a bench seat. Then we ran a VIN decoder. It's possible the front fenders and hood were put on from a 68 at some point for the GTS look -- Learned something new again. *Edited to add: 68's don't seem to have the reflectors on the lower fenders or quarters. I suspect the round marker lights were added to the original 69 fenders. I'll look closer when I get it out for more pics.

I will get more pics today to upload, especially the VINs, interior, under hood, etc.

Last edited:
You have a '69 GTS hood and grille. The rear panel and taillights are '68. You have '69 front fenders with stock rectangular reflectors, with '68 round side markers added. You have '68 rear quarters with '68 round side markers. Round side markers were stock on all '68 Darts, only. No '68-'69 GTS ever had "DODGE" on the hood. It should have a GTS emblem in the center/front of hood. '68 had the GTS badges on the fenders, '69 did not. And you're right, GTS's did not come with bench seats. Basically, you seem to have a hodgepodge of parts!

You have a '69 GTS hood and grille. The rear panel and taillights are '68. You have '69 front fenders with stock rectangular reflectors, with '68 round side markers added. You have '68 rear quarters with '68 round side markers. Round side markers were stock on all '68 Darts, only. No '68-'69 GTS ever had "DODGE" on the hood. It should have a GTS emblem in the center/front of hood. '68 had the GTS badges on the fenders, '69 did not. And you're right, GTS's did not come with bench seats. Basically, you seem to have a hodgepodge of parts!
I confirmed with the previous owner that he added the round side markers on the fenders and quarters. Are the rectangular markers on the quarters a feature of 1969?

I confirmed with the previous owner that he added the round side markers on the fenders and quarters. Are the rectangular markers on the quarters a feature of 1969?
'69-up Darts had the rectangular fender marker lights. Actually, on '69s they do not light up, they are just reflectors. '68 is the only year that had the round lights.

That is a 69 swinger hood. 69 gts grille, 69 tail lights with a 68 trunk panel. Looks like a swinger with the side markers off a 68 added, the 68 trunk panel and gts emblems on fenders. .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back