1970 duster slant 6 5 speed swap

-

travism

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 1970 duster with a slant 6, I was wondering if anyone has done a 5 speed swap onto a slant 6? if so what did you do to make it work? and what transmission did you use? Thanks!

If you search on there for R154, you might even find the pictures of the adapter plate I had made to mate an R154 to a slant bellhousing. Another one of those projects that didn't get far enough.

What happened to the adapter plate? Sell it? Still got it? Save the plans for it? What happened to the project? Those R154's are a pretty stout 5 speed.

Still have the plate, R154, bellhousing, even the clutch I bought for it.

Holding onto the R154 in case I ever get the guts to cut the floor in my Duster. Rest of the stuff I have just because I don't know what to do with it.

Project was a '63 Valiant that I had planned to build up with a 300 hp turbo /6, 5 speed, 4 wheel disk brakes, blah, blah, blah. In the end, car was too rusty and my 360 4 speed Duster was in much better shape. Pulled everything off and hauled the shell off to the scrapper.

I even went so far as to section a later /6 k-frame (including relocating the motor mounts) to fit the narrower 63 so I could have the spool style motor mounts, better idler arm mount and better sway bar.

-
Back