1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

-
Reaction score
Hi, I am sort of new to the site and I bought a 71 Dart a few month's ago and I have a oil pan fitment issue.The motor is a 360 magnum truck engine.I have been told to just put a 360 LA center sump pan on motor but the sump screen tube hangs about a few inches lower than center link and about an 1 1/2 " away from center link. QUESTION? can I put different sump tube on to make it shorter to where it's up higher than center link to give me the clearance I need . I am not familiar with this type of a so fun situation.:wack:

you need the the pick up to match the pan.pans and pick ups mostly come together as a package,mark

First..Welcome to FABO.For easy access to info on your mag. oil pan/pickup,you can click on the SEARCH at the top of the main page.Once there type in magnum oil pan on the left,then select Small block tech then hit search.You might have to go through some threads to find your answers,but someone has done this before.Good luck.:D

Hey, I've got a '71 Dart too. LOL

You need the pickup in addition to the oil pan.

If you run into trouble with other stuff, check this out:

http://www.magnumswap.com/

I'd been answering a lot of questions so I threw this together. If you run into trouble that isn't on the site, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

Steve

you need the the pick up to match the pan.pans and pick ups mostly come together as a package,mark
Mark, thank you very much for your responce! I don't want to sound silly here but I have never delt with this before I have never even dealed with any car with the motor in to where the oil pan is off too put another back on.Question? I see where the sump tube is screwed into the oil pump. does the pickup tube replace the sump tube?are they the same thing?I don't know.....?

Hey, I've got a '71 Dart too. LOL

You need the pickup in addition to the oil pan.

If you run into trouble with other stuff, check this out:

http://www.magnumswap.com/

I'd been answering a lot of questions so I threw this together. If you run into trouble that isn't on the site, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

Steve
Thank You very much this was really helpful! on a magnum 360 the sump tube is in the rear of engine. the tube that goes into is that where the oil pickup tube goes because I thought that was an oil sump tube Thanks, Bruce

-
Back