Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
1971 Plymouth Duster
4,512 miles
Fountain Hills, AZ
Price: $35,000 (cash)

Time to sell the Duster so I can invest the capital in my engineering business. I bought the car in November 2007 from the original owner (55,*** miles) who bought the car new in Arizona. Only rust was in the typical spare tire well, which was replaced. Spent the next three years converting the vehicle into a drag/street machine and to differentiate it from all other dusters. Sporting the original (resprayed of course) and rare GY3 Curious Yellow paint, rare 340 sharktooh grill, fiberglass (lift) 6pak hood, and modified AAR stripe, no other Duster shares its uniqueness.

The engine started life as a 1995 Dodge ram 5.9L magnum motor which quickly turned into 408 stroker with Edelbrock aluminum magnum heads and intake plenum, TTI headers, mild compcams camshaft, ARP studs, Ross Racing pistons, and much more to literally dust the competition (due to the turn down exhaust pipes under the vehicle). I tried my best to keep a clean and tidy engine bay to showcase the engine. To enhance the performance (although never fully proven), I made a custom aluminum intake scoop that seals to the hood for cooler than engine bay temperature air. It can be easily removed.

The vehicle weighs 2990 lbs, and comes with two sets of wheels (drag strip set and cruising set). There is a driveshaft safety loop, 3" lug studs, 3.91 gears, and an inertia fuel pump cut off switch along with a manual pushrod cut off switch. Transmission is setup with a Cheetah shifter with a manual valve body and reverse pattern (PRN123). No engine breaking in first gear.

The dash has been modified to accept the Rocky Mountain Aluminum dash fitted with Autometer phantom II gauges. There is no key to start the vehicle although there is one key for the doors and another key for the trunk. The switches turn on the ignition, dual electric fans, holley gerotor fuel pump, and lights. Entire vehicle was rewired with an EZ Wiring harness.

The new owner will receive all the material from original owner [including the original operators manual], photos of the build, and receipts for reference to items on the vehicle.

Any questions regarding the vehicle, please PM.

Thank you,
Jonathan

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_1800 (1).jpg

IMG_0344.JPG

The seats are Sparco Milano 2.

The photo of the 3/4 rear shows one of the reverse lens out, yet both are installed currently.

1971 Plymouth Duster
4,512 miles
Fountain Hills, AZ
Price: $35,000 (cash)

Time to sell the Duster so I can invest the capital in my engineering business. I bought the car in November 2007 from the original owner (55,*** miles) who bought the car new in Arizona. Only rust was in the typical spare tire well, which was replaced. Spent the next three years converting the vehicle into a drag/street machine and to differentiate it from all other dusters. Sporting the original (resprayed of course) and rare GY3 Curious Yellow paint, rare 340 sharktooh grill, fiberglass (lift) 6pak hood, and modified AAR stripe, no other Duster shares its uniqueness.

The engine started life as a 1995 Dodge ram 5.9L magnum motor which quickly turned into 408 stroker with Edelbrock aluminum magnum heads and intake plenum, TTI headers, mild compcams camshaft, ARP studs, Ross Racing pistons, and much more to literally dust the competition (due to the turn down exhaust pipes under the vehicle). I tried my best to keep a clean and tidy engine bay to showcase the engine. To enhance the performance (although never fully proven), I made a custom aluminum intake scoop that seals to the hood for cooler than engine bay temperature air. It can be easily removed.

The vehicle weighs 2990 lbs, and comes with two sets of wheels (drag strip set and cruising set). There is a driveshaft safety loop, 3" lug studs, 3.91 gears, and an inertia fuel pump cut off switch along with a manual pushrod cut off switch. Transmission is setup with a Cheetah shifter with a manual valve body and reverse pattern (PRN123). No engine breaking in first gear.

The dash has been modified to accept the Rocky Mountain Aluminum dash fitted with Autometer phantom II gauges. There is no key to start the vehicle although there is one key for the doors and another key for the trunk. The switches turn on the ignition, dual electric fans, holley gerotor fuel pump, and lights. Entire vehicle was rewired with an EZ Wiring harness.

The new owner will receive all the material from original owner [including the original operators manual], photos of the build, and receipts for reference to items on the vehicle.

Any questions regarding the vehicle, please PM.

Thank you,
Jonathan

View attachment 1715017754

View attachment 1715017756

View attachment 1715017757

View attachment 1715017758

View attachment 1715017759

View attachment 1715017760

View attachment 1715017761

Very nice ... I would like to take a look sometime. Are you hitting any shows ?

May I ask (sure others would like to know but afraid to ask, lol) What exactly do you mean, when you say "no engine breaking in first gear"
Please accept my humble apologies as I'm new at this. (Terms)
Thank you.
MAPS

May I ask (sure others would like to know but afraid to ask, lol) What exactly do you mean, when you say "no engine breaking in first gear"
Thank you.
MAPS
Thank you.
MAPS

Some manual valve bodies have an engine brake where you can down shift into 1st gear only and it will not lock into gear until you stop and step on the gas to lock it into gear. It works like a free wheel in the transmission. Other manual valve bodies like this car has will lock into gear as you down shift into what ever gear you have just down shifted into, 2nd or 1st.

They is the best way to describe it I believe.

When shifting from 2nd to 1st gear, the transmission will free spin (engine will drop in rams to idle) and is advisable to only shift into 1st at low speeds close to a complete stop. As mentioned above, when shifting from 3rd to 2nd the engine will increase in rpm accordingly.

The manual valve body and shifter are turbo action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back