1972 Demon Build

-

Dartn440

Reaction score
Couldn't help myself. Teaming up with ChallengerGary on building this car. Finished the wife's 91, the 74 Dart is making the local cruise in circuit, the 72 Swinger BB is on all fours and creeping towards a key turn and loud noises. I have a date coded 72 340 block and a 73 360 stroker block to choose from for power plants. Paint will be late model Patriot Blue Pearlcoat with Silver Stripes. Bazinga!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,845
You bought ChallengerGarys car?
Is he going to finish it for you if so this will end up sweet.

Yes sir. Bought it and am going to work with him on paint and body as the budget allows. He sent me plenty of pics of his work and it looks quality!

great. i was hoping to see the rest of his build! very interested in seeing it painted

Stay tuned! I have a few last wiring gremlins in my Wife's Camaro to sort out and it is done. The 72 has some more wiring, plumbing, and minor mechanicals to tackle then it is all aesthetic stuff with final paint work and interior. I should really be able to get after this one after that.

Yes sir R/T. Not sure why I said that....what would that look like with the raised part, the side stripe, and the tail panel silver?

Nope. Not at this time. I was just flipping through images and came across the drawing on google. Tried to find a fiberglass hood that would work. No luck.

US Car Tool mini tubs ordered. Now here is a hypothetical question.....what modern day Mopar would most easily fit its interior components into this Demon???

My brother found this at an estate sale! I asked him where the car was that went with it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,272
Went with the 360 and going to stroke to 408. Probe SRS pistons in after the holidays and should get a few pics up on motor. US car tool mini tub and trunk pan up first...

Step one is paint and body. Trying to make decisions on rear, rear suspension, front suspension. Starting with mini tub. Want to keep it simple.......right.

[/ATTACH]I think Gary said there was a pair of Camaro Buckets with the car, but I have these 69 cuda seats too. I decided on existing bench in my Dart to keep it stock appearing. Thought I would get some opinions before I put up for sale.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2,036
Thanks guys. Found a 71 a full days drive from me, gutted and literally rotting into ground. Only thing left was console and tuff wheel. No buckets, belts, emblems. Wrecked front, no drivetrain, no title. He wanted $3k. I told him the car was scrap. Offered $500 because maybe the rear was good to put under mine. Said he had a guy offering $1500. I told him to sell...where do people get their prices...Gas Monkey Style...

Just a pic of one my old bikes and the trusty old truck I let go of after 11 years. Truck was patriot blue and silver. Going to use the same scheme on this car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,872
-
Back