1972 Demon Build

-
Pictures did not turn out, but the inner wheel well areas from the mini tub were finished and undercoated and detailed. A million interior widgets, screw kit, bolt kits, panels, clips, ding dongs, and whatchamacallits are piled up and ready to be installed. Got a headliner ABS blank and sail panels to custom upholster to match the interior.
Drivetrain is a nightmare at this point. The motor I picked up as a clean core was supposed to be a 400, but was a 383. I have a 72 440 block in machine shop hell....that is the closest I have.

Other update pics made it to page 11

Last edited:
Hello sound deadener.....

image.jpg

Ok. So my wife is an angel. I am across the globe in a **** hole desert. Before I left I hauled the interior to the shop that did my Swinger. With no notice and me gone they bailed on the work because the seamstress quit. So my wife went and loaded the **** up and hauled it home to get it back to the shop. I found a guy that said he would do the work and come to the shop. He never showed. Mind you, my car is one of six in need of full interior! Find another guy, she calls, makes appointment, packs the whole interior in the minivan again and drives to his shop. Vacant. Asshole better hope I never see him. So from over here I am trying to find another shop and send her to the high end custom shop that says they won't touch it but give her a trusted reference. We will see how this guy does....looking forward to getting there.

Ordered a pair of these to replace. Outer edge of seat will be white inner portion red. Carpet is red. Headliner white. Dash cap and package tray red. Seatbelts red. Considering pinstripe in car on dash and door uppers.

image.jpg

Should I carry the carbon fiber across the dash like I did in the Swinger? Or leave it and pinstripe it later? Now that it is sitting together there is not much contrast. Thoughts?

image.jpg

Column back out. I was upset that the color was changed. Was supposed to be white, not black. Yes, I am picky. I have a nut ton of money and detail in this car...

image.jpg

Starting point for street driver 383. My wife wants to drive it and I am considering selling her 74 when I get back for my truck. She would not like the manners of the 470. Mama gets what she wants. Ordered edl performer intake, windage tray. Tear down underway this week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dash cap done. Wife forgot a pic, but the red is going to pop on this white. Interior to be finished and installed by third week of October.

image.jpg

Down and dirty on the motor is that the cylinders are clean at .030 internals looked good. Inspection of heads had a mismatched set with a need of a valve job. I have a good set of heads that I will send off for big valves, new springs, a little bit of opening up for flow. Blown away by how fast the new interior guy is going. Can't wait to see it come together. Seat belt swatches matched to interior and a new set being made to match.

Car went up on lift, cleaned and fully detailed underneath with new undercoat. Gas tank install. Ready for fuel lines and drive train....oh and just left the shop for interior install.

image.jpg

Picked up crank, rods, and Pistons for 383......scored a local 400/727 trans core for the trans to build behind it. Eddy performer rpm intake, roller rockers.....what are we gonna have here.

Sorry if it's been discussed about, but what paint an supplies did you use to restore the grill?

First I cleaned the snot out of it, degreaser, and since I was not sticking to stock colors, lacquer thinner to stubborn spots. Blew it dry and then looked for scratches I could sand smooth. I did not need any filler, there were no deep scratches.

Paints were rust o leum paints for plastic. Just taped off and took my time. I can't tell you how many hours I have in it.

-
Back