1972 Demon Build

-
Ok. Today's work consisted of blasting the rear bumper mounts for a 72-73 Dart, packing and shipping, and tearing down a 1979 360 to build. Oh, and got the Demon tail panel stripe placed. It needs to dry and then I can place the Demon overlay on. To get the gap correct and get the spacing around the tails lenses I might need to correct it with a razor. Personally, I think it turned out great. It was a NOS custom order, but no indication who it was made by or when.

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

Last edited:
Did a little spit and polish on the interior door panel top trim for the car today. Found another set of seat belt retainers for headliner rail to finish seatbelt install.

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1799.JPG

I'm with you. Too crowded by the Demon sticker on the fender, and would be the same way if you put it towards the front of the fender between the stripe and marker light. It would look good on the scoops if they were black, but it would kill the whole fung schwooey of the color scheme if you repainted the scoops to compliment the badges. "Badges? We no got no badges. WE DAWN NEED NO STEENKING BADGES!!" lol :):p:D

You're welcome. I went back thru the pages and looked.....and since your motor is blue, that might be a subtle little tie in to that. It would also give you a red, white and blue thing like you mentioned earlier. Oh...and if you haven't seen the ad, somebody in parts wanted is looking for a 72-75 440 block. He's in SC, so if you've got one in your stuff for sale....there ya go!

I have a 72 440....I had 3. Saving this last one. I have a complete 75 done and running....I think he wants a block to build.

I had some blue ones....everybody told me no....maybe I will dig them back out.

Focusing on trying to get this one buttoned up and move over to the Swinger for engine build and install

Not a joyous day in Mudville. Smoked the trans on the first go round. Going to need to build it for higher HP and TQ. Run up and down road kept temp fine,good brakes and steering. Hit it and snapped fan belts. That was fixed and then went back out for round 2. Hit it again, fried the tires and then lost 2nd and third gears....then first. Reverse only. On the lift.....

Broke the 2-3 clutch servo...back in business, but car won't stick the take off and gets squirrely and starts to fishtail if you let it. Soooooo since it won't launch, why the hell I thought it would is beyond me, going to have to get some better stabilization back there.

It needs more stability in the *** end. The torque is way too much for my rear set up and tire size, however, I am not made of money so it will have to do for now. I can work on little detail stuff that is low cost for a bit while I get some other stuff knocked out. Brake master cylinder on my wife's Camaro is leaking....that has to go. High horse small blocks an F body Camaro with no breaks = No bueno

I know the feeling. My wife is 314 miles away at the beach, and the body control module in her Saturn Vue has took a dump! I can get one and swap it out real easy, but you still gotta take it to the dealership to get it flashed! I have to call the GM dealer down there to see how much $$ to fix it vs me buy one at Rock Auto, swap it out when I get there Thursday, and then get them to flash it.

-
Back