1972 Duster Project

-
The 440 is done, sitting on the run stand. Been for sale for about 2 months. Had it sold twice but crank isn't drilled for 4 speed. Would have to deliberate getting front and rear upgraded to disc and bigger drum.

Sounds like a good little challenge for yourself...I'll be watchin. LOL just kidding...would like to see that though :)

Been down this road....ain't simple but it is doable. I will look about for a 73 and up frame and front suspension.....vs....some HemiDenny stuff. Demon isn't hooking up so I will need to divert some attention to the rear suspension on that car first...

Last edited:
What part of the frame would you need from a 73? I thought just suspension stuff unless that's considered frame stuff.

Still migrating home...Pennsylvania souvenirs

IMG_0662.JPG

Ok...spent the day today dragging those motors out of my truck. Was nice to have a forklift to put the two into the front, but was a ***** to get them out without one! The oil pan of the one 440 was full of oil....didn't even think to look. It coated the **** out of my bed while driving and made the job a bit easier...lol. Stopped by the storage lot to make arrangements to pull the Duster out in the morning. Now all I need to do is control myself.....dropped a torn down 1973 360 off to the machine shop to put it in line. It will be a better than mild street build on the motor. Not necessarily destined for this car, but I have to get the motors moving. I have three 360s, three 440s, two 400s to get going and out the door...

Decided on a color? Back to original? Keep the top those are cool!!! that's a nice find...gonna keep the 80's console?

Console has to go away. I crawled all over it today. Going to get it up on lift and tally the amount of sheet metal it needs. I may just repair and blend and drive the **** out of it for awhile.

Lol....yeah that thing is funny. Not sure what all the switches are for but we shall see. Small bolt drums, slant six, 904 auto.

Front fenders need a patch behind wheel, inner fenders are good except at tops. Need minor work. Trunk and extensions need to come out. I have to get it on the lift to check floor pans and get a better look at rear rails. Rear quarters need help as well. Window channels in rear are solid. Tail panel is solid, firewall is solid, hood has minor surface rust on underside. Grill needs help. Both bumpers had nice chrome but have been tweaked. So the question will really be one of how far to go with it. Interior is all there but seams are coming apart. I have yet to be able to build a car half-assed so I am having a hard time just jamming the slant back together and driving it.

I was thankful mine had very little rust to start with.....I've seen others that have just about replaced every panel on the whole car....Don't think I could have done that as my welding skills are limited.

As I always say "All of the fun, but none of the glory"
Well sometimes you get the glory .....

You need slapped......surrounded by a great wife that works on cars with you and your kids. Everyday is a glory day.

Goota beat the daylight out of the sand pit.....

Yes Denny you are correct. Thanks for the perspective adjustment. Sometimes work is just ****. I lose sight of the goodness. Hunt the good stuff.

IMG_0639.JPG

Beautiful Family cherish these years, they grow up quick...we do too...but we get to get fatter and hurt more LOL

Was missing three in the last pic. Wife and I lost baby for the second time in two tries. Just a kick in the nuts....

IMG_0225.JPG

-
Back