Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
12 and 8 o'clock on dr side. 12 and 5 on pass side
These are what I have. Must not be the right thing
IMG_6764.JPG

Washed the garage grime off the old girl. Here is a pic of the stock 74 bumper tucked in tight without the rubber spacer
IMG_6761.JPG

We took first place at the car show in my driveway in the incomplete not drivable category:mob:
IMG_6760.JPG

She moves and stops!
Today I moved Misty to my buddy's shop and we finished the brakes and connected the shift linkage. Didn't get to the exhaust but when I trailered her home I drove her on the trailer and took a spin around the block when I got her home.:rolleyes:
IMG_6793.JPG
IMG_6794.JPG

Last edited:
Looks really nice under the hood. Your air cleaner came out great.
Thanks. I'm trying to keep with the stock like look even though a 318 four barrel wasn't offered. Goes right along with the 71 stripe scheme even though the car is a 74. It's fun to drive the purists crazy.
I have lots of little things to complete such as vacuum reservoir, washer bottle, heater vacuum valve, etc etc
Not to mention an interior....

Last edited:
Any progress is good news, I am finally putting a 1/4 panel on mine. All I can say is 3m panel bond adhesive is much easier than welding!

Any progress is good news, I am finally putting a 1/4 panel on mine. All I can say is 3m panel bond adhesive is much easier than welding!
All good. I'm going to take your advice on getting a collector out on my exhaust kit just before the trans crossmember so I can get the trans out without the extra hassle of getting the exhaust out of the way

Did I ever post a pic of mine for you to see?
If not the rear is up on jack stands right now so I could take pic for reference real easy.

I finally got my headliner installed today.
It tucked into the back gasket and laid over the windshield gasket. Pics are not great, but it looks really nice on the ceiling in the car.
IMG_6798.JPG
IMG_6801.JPG

I found it difficult to see backing Misty in her bay. Problem solved.
I have only owned these knock off dual sport mirrors about 4 years!!
IMG_6808.JPG
IMG_6809.JPG
IMG_6810.JPG

Last edited:
I probably should have been covering her up when not working on her since paint but there are not too many scratches.....
IMG_6813.JPG

So I'm wondering what is supposed to be the finish material for the package tray?
Please don't tell me shag carpet, been there, done that!

It's a rigid black card-board type material.
I bought mine from classic industries.

-
Back