1974 Scamp #2

-
Believe me I know what you are talking about, putting it back together is a lot of fun. I know when I was going through all the boxes of stuff that came with my Scamp it was great to find all the bolts and screws and small parts, the guy that took everything apart did a great job of saving everything and putting them in boxes which made my job a lot easier re-assembling this car. I hope to have it all wheeled out within the next week or two then I can finish her up. I will post some pictures when she is done.
Bob

Started bolting some things back into the engine compartment. Brake lines, wiper motor, power booster.....

20161121_171759.jpg

You are right, it looks pretty darn good. You didn't get any paint on that lightning did you? Nice job Brian, now the real fun begins.
Bob

Lol. Nope. Had it covered up real good. Lightning that is.

There's a little dust in some spots in the paint and one run i need to fix on one of the tail panels. Wet sand it and should be good.

I know the feeling, after mine was painted I could not wait to get out in the garage and start bolting parts back on. My Scamp had been apart for over 12 years and everything was just in boxes, but the PO who took it apart did a great job of boxing everything only a few small parts were missing. It's looking like a car again Brian, I know it's going to look great.
Bob

Yep. I could wait. Lol. The PO did the same with mine. Its been apart for 3-4 years I think. Ive only had it 9 months. Moving right along as fast as I can.

Got the dash in tonight and started on some of the things for the trunk. Lock , latch and seal.

20161206_195315-1.jpg

Not much going on with the holidays. Did go out today and bolt on the front bumper. Think I'm going to get it rechromed before spring. Didn't clean up as good as I hoped it would.

20170101_184952-1.jpg

I cleaned mine up and it has a little patina to it but it still looks good, too good to re-chrome. Back one looks the same also but they both shine up pretty nice.
Bob

Nice! looking forward to getting mine painted. Probably this summer. Plan to get it aligned once winter is out of here and drive it a little first though. My bumpers are pretty bad. I will stay tuned to see what you do on yours. Don't think there are too many re-chromers left. Few other things ahead of that on the 'when funds are available' list. Still need to do something with my upholstery :BangHead:

Got some of the dash wiring back in place and radio in. Also got the latches in the doors and locks and inside handle working. What a pain. I didnt take it apart so wasn't sure how it all went back together.
I'm not sure if you could have got or if they made any Scamp's black with blue interior but I sure like the colors together.

20170103_182020.jpg

Working on the passenger side door lately. Got the door latch and handles all in and working. I didn't take them apart and the PO didn't label left or right on the parts. I put the door seal on last night. New seals came with the car. As did all the rubber parts. Wasn't happy with the quality of the door seal. No metal backer like the stock one. So I stripped the old rubber off the old metal backer and glued it to the back or the new seal. Just have window left to put in. Thinking about tint. Not sure if it would be best to tint before or after I install the windows in the doors.

-
Back