1997 mazda navajo rear end?

-

Moparvinson

Reaction score
I found a rear end in a 1997 Navajo for 50.00, would this be a good rear end to have the one side shortened for a 67 dart? I am trying to get the big bolt pattern and get rid of the 7 1/4 until I can get a 8 3/4. Thanks. Brad.

Now how in the WORLD would we know with no more info than that?

Now how in the WORLD would we know with no more info than that?
I found a rear end in a 1997 Navajo for 50.00, would this be a good rear end to have the one side shortened for a 67 dart? I am trying to get the big bolt pattern and get rid of the 7 1/4 until I can get a 8 3/4. Thanks. Brad.
Give this a read,...Fabo brother...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...fBHYQFggmMAA&usg=AOvVaw3WhkFi7hyHKlcSeOKhNbto
You find stuff,in the weirdest places.. That makes you a grassroots hot rodder.

Thanks, I will look at this, I thought that ford explorers and mazda Navajos used the same rear ends, that's why I asked. I thought that someone would have used one before.
If it's an 8.8 Ford, every bit as strong, as a Chevy 12 bolt ( same bearings on ring ,and pinion) ..There are articles on these swaps,here.

You’ll need to find a ‘90/‘91 Navajo.
Scroll down the page to history of the Ford 8.8 section. It did indeed come in the Mazda Navajo. The whole thing is a really good read.

Ford Ranger/Explorer 8.8-Inch Axle

You’ll need to find a ‘90/‘91 Navajo.
Scroll down the page to history of the Ford 8.8 section. It did indeed come in the Mazda Navajo. The whole thing is a really good read.

Ford Ranger/Explorer 8.8-Inch Axle
So the 1996 navajo would not be a good choice? I will read the link in a bit. The pull a part yard has a bunch but I found this one on craigslist and they said 50.00 if I pull it. Thanks for the reply.

So the 1996 navajo would not be a good choice? I will read the link in a bit. The pull a part yard has a bunch but I found this one on craigslist and they said 50.00 if I pull it. Thanks for the reply.
Your going to have to read up and figure that one out. I just read your post and followed a few links around to discover what I did and forwarded it to you.
Good luck with your search and project.

As said earlier above, there are threads here that show “How to...” a Ford 8.8 which is found in the Navajo in certain years only and that’s why I posted the link for that very info within.:thumbsup:

-
Back