273 "New for 64!" introduction

-
I'm keeping the 273 in my 1965 Dart, no matter how many guys say, "put in a 360". It is cool as the first LA engine and 2nd year in an A-body, and a neat high rev'er, sort of like a dual 4 cyl Jap tuner. But, in college I was happy with my 1974 Honda 350-4 cycle (10,000 rpm redline), w/ no desire for a chugging Harley.

I stayed with the trusty "273" in my 68 ! PS. Bill, I had a Honda 400 Four in 75 !
Dan, I like when they say"I never heard of a 273 before ??".

IMG_2603.jpg

Chevrolet motors were a dime a dozen. The all had to put in the 350 "4 bolt main" motors because that's what HOTROD told them... how to build horse power.
273 engines were the first engine to beat the 1hp per cube. They were nasty back in the day.
TECHNOLOGY!

But, in college I was happy with my 1974 Honda 350-4 cycle (10,000 rpm redline), w/ no desire for a chugging Harley.

in '85 I had 2 71 Honda's, both were 35HP 600's and both were in cars! 10K redline? Mine were at 6500. Funny popping the flimsy hood to see a 2-jug air cooled motor in there.

i like the way you made the connection from a chebby to a mopar with a black engine bay...now, can you connect it to kevin bacon?
I had a dilema, the engine was out, the compartment was rusty and I needed to paint it some color other than the original body color (which I hate). The car would look good black (someday) so black it is. I wish I hadn't painted it black (or anycolor for that matter)!

-
Back