3.90 welded spiders

-

74 valiant 318

Reaction score
found this rear end for sale near me ..........Spring pads are 43 center to center.
Wheel mounting bolt faces are 61". It will fit an a body but it's wide. B bodies also had 43" perches. This is a bolt in rear end ready to go but it will chirp around corners. I'm asking what the ring and pinion are worth. It comes complete with drums................ now my question or thought is i have a 74 valiant with 17 inch rims and air shocks and a rebuilt 318 would this be a good decision to put this rear end in my baby for a daily driver any and all knowledge is appreciated thanks

Keep the R & P, toss the carrier, get a new/different carrier, put it back together, let it rip.

Not sure of amount of wheel well space in your car, but 2" wider each side can be workable with air shocks and or wheels with minimum 4.25" back space to keep
tire under car...... assuming 7-8" wheel

B's had 44" perches

Reference to figure out what you have
Moparts on the Web - Main Index

If the axles have a nut on the end of them, those a not good. Early style rear.

Welded spiders are known as Lincoln lockers for the welders. :)

found this rear end for sale near me ..........Spring pads are 43 center to center.
Wheel mounting bolt faces are 61". It will fit an a body but it's wide. B bodies also had 43" perches. This is a bolt in rear end ready to go but it will chirp around corners. I'm asking what the ring and pinion are worth. It comes complete with drums................ now my question or thought is i have a 74 valiant with 17 inch rims and air shocks and a rebuilt 318 would this be a good decision to put this rear end in my baby for a daily driver any and all knowledge is appreciated thanks
Nope. First things first, what series rear are We talking about, an 8.75" ???
1) Sounds like an E-body rear at 61"(supposed to be 60.7") with the perches welded inboard to A-body width.
2) The stock A-body width is like 55.5", where are those 17" rims going to end up pushed out over 2.5" a side???!!
3) Do Yourself a favor, go to the drivetrain forum & look at 72BluNblu's sticky on rear axle measurements.
4) Do Yourself another favor, don't try to hump an elephant just to get a peanut, when there are plenty of bags in the vending machine.....................
5) Which unit is in the ride now, 8.25"?? If so stick with that and get the gears You want for it w/o swapping craziness. Plenty of gears come up for sale, & SG's aren't
exactly rare either. Chirping around corners will get old fast..............

-
Back