30 vs 35 spline axles

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking foe opinions from those members who have used both sizes of axles Is there a huge difference in strength between 30 and 35 spline axles. thoughts please and :thankyou:

From what I have learned, the difference is significant but unless you're planning on building a super hot big block or abusing the heck out of the rear end, the 30 spline axles will almost certainly do the job and the money (assuming this is a consideration...and we're A-Body people so it's a safe guess :D ) would probably be best spent on other components of your build.

If guys have specific information on this, I'm all ears.

So are you talking about a 8 3/4 or a Dana, if your using a 8 3/4 then your only option is a spool and not the best IMO for street driving, if your taking it to the track then a spool is a great way to go, No Sure Grips are made in 35 Spline for the
8 3/4, if your Building a Dana then with 35 Spline, you have more option on street driving & Track driving. if you want to stick with your 8 3/4 you can buy stronger than stock axel's through Strange Engineering or even Moser, yes Big deference in the 35 Spline or even 40 for the Dana.

So are you talking about a 8 3/4 or a Dana, if your using a 8 3/4 then your only option is a spool and not the best IMO for street driving, if your taking it to the track then a spool is a great way to go, No Sure Grips are made in 35 Spline for the
8 3/4, if your Building a Dana then with 35 Spline, you have more option on street driving & Track driving. if you want to stick with your 8 3/4 you can buy stronger than stock axel's through Strange Engineering or even Moser, yes Big deference in the 35 Spline or even 40 for the Dana.
YES I'm building a Dana 60 for a Abody and the differentials I'm looking at have either 30 or 35 spline side gears that is why I asked the question, thanks

If you are building the Dana I would just go with 35 spline axles. I got mine through Moser. Dr. Diff is also a good option

YES I'm building a Dana 60 for a Abody and the differentials I'm looking at have either 30 or 35 spline side gears that is why I asked the question, thanks
Then 35 Spline All The Way Bud ! they make a true track that's bullet proof for street and Track use, Good luck :thumbsup:

I`m jacking this thread for an education.
If 18 spline is supposedly stronger than a 23 on a trans input shaft, why is a higher count spline stronger on an axle shaft?
signed, confused.

I`m jacking this thread for an education.le
If 18 spline is supposedly stronger than a 23 on a trans input shaft, why is a higher count spline stronger on an axle shaft?
signed, confused.
the 35 spline axle is a much bigger diameter rhan the 30 so it is stronger

35 spline is not bigger according to Cass. aka Doctor Diff. as the take the same green bearing. 40 spline is way bigger, u need to use Ford axle ends and brakes to use them. 23 spline is a 1 in shaft. 18 spline is a 1 1/4 shaft. Kim

35 spline is not bigger according to Cass. aka Doctor Diff. as the take the same green bearing. 40 spline is way bigger, u need to use Ford axle ends and brakes to use them. 23 spline is a 1 in shaft. 18 spline is a 1 1/4 shaft. Kim
I thought the splined end would be bigger? is this so??

So, if there bigger, how do they take the same bearing? or am I missing something. Kim
I'm not sure what your looking at, but when I ordered my Axels it came with new bearings already pressed on, wish I had pics to show you, I know the outer diameter is the same maybe that's what your looking at ??

-
Back