318 vortech v2 supercharge

-

Valiantap6

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm in New Zealand and not a lot of information about supercharging older engines over here but what I'm doing is I have a 318 bored to 324 , compression 9:1 , heads ported and hot cam is basically what I have and just bought a vortech v2 supercharger to put on it, does anyone have pics of mounting one to a smallblock so looks tidy and like meant to be there, also what type of power am I expected to gain , thanks for help

Pictures, would help. The one thing,no centrifugal supercharger maker does: Sell the damn billet mounting plates.I know of 2 Novi 2000 Paxton's,with irritated owners.

Other thing I'm wondering is do I need to run an intercooler I prefer not to if I can as limited space to put one and only street car running around 8 - 10psi I'm thinking, don't want intercooler if possible:burnout:

Bill is running a alco injection to eliminate an intercooler. He´s describing it in the link that I attached in the previous post. :thumleft:

Bill is running a alco injection to eliminate an intercooler. He´s describing it in the link that I attached in the previous post. :thumleft:

Hi Lenny!!!

Did you ever get your blown car operational? I'd be very interested to see some pictures of it...We have built a turbocharged slant six since I talked to you last, and are about to have it on the strip for the first time, in a week or two. I'll post some pix, along with some pix for the original poster of my Vortech setup, which may be of interest to him. Here goes...

Attachments

• 100_3613.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_3720.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_3718.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 267
  • js640_100_3489-2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 260
  • js640_IMG_0747[1].jpg
    125 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_1928.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 264
  • valleave1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_3266.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_3206.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 261
Hi Bill
Great to hear from you again. Your Valiant awesome, I´m looking forward to hear about your result from the quarter mile. Bet it´s going to be a thrill.
Sorry, but I haven´t started with the build of the blown engine yet. I´m looking for a nice 5.9 Magnum engine that isn´t too expensive, could take a while.

Hi Bill
Great to hear from you again. Your Valiant awesome, I´m looking forward to hear about your result from the quarter mile. Bet it´s going to be a thrill.
Sorry, but I haven´t started with the build of the blown engine yet. I´m looking for a nice 5.9 Magnum engine that isn´t too expensive, could take a while.
Lenny,

We are starting out with only10 pounds if boost, so it's not going to set the world on fire...

We're hoping for the best, but you know... talk's cheap... lol! We'll see.

I'll keep you posted. Good to hear from you!!! :)

Bill

-
Back