318 wide block intake help

-

Southside

Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking at a tri power set up using a 318 wide block intake manifold on an old 500 cu. motor he is building. He is doing some modifications but wanted to know if anyone could help with some measurements regarding this type of manifold. The question is the ports appear to be symmetrical but how close are the ports center to center measurement wise between the 318 wide block and a 500 block? Or is it even feasible?
Thanks.

Are you talking about a Cadillac 500? Cause that's the only 500 inch engine I'm aware of.

A friend of mine is looking at a tri power set up using a 318 wide block intake manifold on an old 500 cu. motor he is building. He is doing some modifications but wanted to know if anyone could help with some measurements regarding this type of manifold. The question is the ports appear to be symmetrical but how close are the ports center to center measurement wise between the 318 wide block and a 500 block? Or is it even feasible?
Thanks.
Huh?

Thanks.
Sorry but the guy is nuts. Why would you even want to put yourself through such a project? Search away here and save us a bunch of work and aggravation. Google

Yes I am talking about the Cadillac 500. Sorry it took me so long to answer as I am heading into work. Thanks.
Yeah... he's nuts. The 318 poly intake will NOT EVER, NEVER fit a Caddy engine.....

Yes I am talking about the Cadillac 500. Sorry it took me so long to answer as I am heading into work. Thanks.

I gotta believe there is really no way a mopar poly 318 manifold is going to work on a weird GM big block. It just doesn't even compute in my head.

I gotta believe there is really no way a mopar poly 318 manifold is going to work on a weird GM big block. It just doesn't even compute in my head.
Well first of all I am not nuts. I am simply asking about the centerline measurement and with some fab work if it might be possible because because of the symmetrical alignment. I am sure unless something is a simple bolt from Mancini some people think others are nuts. People sometimes also like to attempt to help ideas others have whether they work or not one never knows unless they try. Many of us have built a lot of things through the years by trying without namecalling. I was just trying to help a guy out. Thanks for your replys even you too duke boy.

Well first of all I am not nuts. I am simply asking about the centerline measurement and with some fab work if it might be possible because because of the symmetrical alignment. I am sure unless something is a simple bolt from Mancini some people think others are nuts. People sometimes also like to attempt to help ideas others have whether they work or not one never knows unless they try. Many of us have built a lot of things through the years by trying without namecalling. I was just trying to help a guy out. Thanks for your replys even you too duke boy.
But the question becomes is the amount of fabrication going to be worth it and will it actually flow correctly for the heads and port support the caddy engine? You'd be better off starting from stratch and designing and casting a whole new intake. Probably about as cheap

Last edited:
But the question becomes is the amount of fabrication going to be worth it and will it actually flow correctly for the heads and port software the caddy engine? You'd be better off starting from stratch and designing and casting a whole new intake. Probably about as cheap

I mean, you could saw it all up into a bunch of pieces and jb weld it together I guess.

I see one big problem. The Cadillac intake is dry. The 318 Poly intake is wet.

Other than that, I am quite certain one could fabricate anything from an aluminum intake. It is after all, what hot rodding is all about. I think it would be cool, but you would have to block off the thermostat housing area on the 318 intake, as well as all of the heater hose and or bypass ports.

Certainly not impossible and very interesting.

Www.pricemotorsport.com has an intake manifold adaptor part# AP-23 to bolt a ford 429/460 intake manifold onto a 500 Cadillac. Just saying.....

AP-23Weba.jpg

-
Back